Traducción de license en español:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (permit) permiso (masculine), licencia (feminine) fishing/hunting license permiso de pesca/caza import/export license permiso de importación/exportación liquor license permiso para vender bebidas alcohólicas they were married by special license (in UK) se casaron con una licencia especial to manufacture sth under license fabricar* algo bajo licencia pilot's license licencia de piloto, brevet (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) it's a license to print money es una mina de oroOraciones de ejemplo1.2driver's license
- Virtually no account is taken of the often cruel results of losing one's licence - loss of job, and all that can follow from that.
- Phantom was a former pirate radio station, which had tried several times to get an official radio licence.
- All stockings must first be washed in an approved disinfectant and hung on boundary gateposts together with a copy of the official licence.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (freedom) the editor permitted himself considerable license el editor se tomó bastantes libertades poetic/dramatic/artistic license licencia (feminine) poética/dramática/artística 2.2 (excessive freedom) [formal] libertinaje (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I believe that the Government has taken excessive licence from the views of the select committee.
- Equally important, it protects freedom from itself, tempering excesses of individual license by postulating a higher moral code.
- By avoiding the messiness of debate that a real democracy requires, we have given license to the excesses we now bemoan.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- autorizar*, otorgarle* un permiso or una licencia a this taxi is licensed to carry up to four passengers este taxi está autorizado para transportar hasta cuatro pasajeros
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to