- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (permit) permiso (masculine), licencia (feminine) fishing/hunting license permiso de pesca/caza import/export license permiso de importación/exportación liquor license permiso para vender bebidas alcohólicas they were married by special license (in UK) se casaron con una licencia especial to manufacture sth under license fabricar* algo bajo licencia pilot's license licencia de piloto, brevet (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) it's a license to print money es una mina de oroMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2driver's license
- Virtually no account is taken of the often cruel results of losing one's licence - loss of job, and all that can follow from that.
- Phantom was a former pirate radio station, which had tried several times to get an official radio licence.
- All stockings must first be washed in an approved disinfectant and hung on boundary gateposts together with a copy of the official licence.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (freedom) the editor permitted himself considerable license el editor se tomó bastantes libertades poetic/dramatic/artistic license licencia (feminine) poética/dramática/artística 2.2 (excessive freedom) [formal] libertinaje (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I believe that the Government has taken excessive licence from the views of the select committee.
- Equally important, it protects freedom from itself, tempering excesses of individual license by postulating a higher moral code.
- By avoiding the messiness of debate that a real democracy requires, we have given license to the excesses we now bemoan.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- autorizar*, otorgarle* un permiso or una licencia a this taxi is licensed to carry up to four passengers este taxi está autorizado para transportar hasta cuatro pasajeros
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.