- 1 uncountable (language)Mandarin (Chinese)mandarín (masculine)
lengua (feminine) mandarinaOraciones de ejemplo
- After the fall of the Manchu dynasty in 1911, in place of Classical Chinese, the new Republican government made the most widely spoken dialect, Mandarin Chinese, the official written language.
- This question is significant because Ruan built her career in the era of silent films, and she herself does not even speak very standard Mandarin Chinese.
- Influenced by Han culture, most Yao people can speak and write Mandarin Chinese.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Chinese official) (History)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (top establishment figure)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But civil service mandarins already have their defences prepared if they are called before the inquiry to be headed by Lord Fraser.
- A French philosopher had more in common with a Chinese mandarin than with his barbaric Frankish ancestors in the Dark Ages.
- And the spoken Chinese uttered by the Qing emperors' officials and the court mandarins in Beijing was none other than the Beijing dialect.
- To many British people, the idea of a mandarin or senior civil servant will forever be associated with Sir Humphrey Appleby.
- One minister did so, and claims to have been told by a senior mandarin that it was ‘disconcerting’ for officials to find their minister talking independently to outside sources of advice.
- On front after front, bureaucratic mandarins are deciding how everyday Europeans will live.
- mandarin (orange)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tangerines are actually a type of mandarin orange as are clementines, but here in the US, the names are used interchangeably.
- In addition to my astounding mental powers, my most notable physical accomplishment is that I can put an entire mandarin orange in my mouth all in one go.
- The mandarin orange was fine, but the peach and the pear, due to the firmness of the fruit, would get hung up on the equipment and weren't evenly distributed into the product.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda