transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (handle) manejar, manipularMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] manipular
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (influence, control) manipular
- The surgeon can perform intricate procedures by using joystick-like controls to manipulate the surgical instruments.
- One robotic arm is used to position the endoscope to provide visualisation of the operative site, while the other two robotic arms manipulate surgical instruments under the surgeon's control.
- In art classes, each student explores and manipulates varied tools and mediums.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A trainer assists him with physical therapy, manipulating his body to prepare the joints for the rigors of swinging a golf club as violently as Woods does.
- During a massage, a therapist manipulates your body's soft tissues - your muscles, skin and tendons - using his or her fingertips, hands and fists.
- Manual healing treats medical problems by manipulating and realigning body parts.
- We should always be trying to influence and manipulate our opponents - this is critical - but there is only so much we can do about that.
- Don't allow judgmental and critical people to influence and manipulate you, as you are ready to make a final decision about the past.
- It requires a seasoned politician to take advantage of a no-win situation and manipulate circumstances to drive home a point.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.