Traducción de master en español:
- 1 (of household) señor (masculine), amo (masculine); (of animal) amo (masculine), dueño (masculine); (of servant) amo (masculine), patrón (masculine) you can't serve two masters no se puede servir a Dios y al diablo I will be master in my own house! ¡en esta casa mando yo! to be master of the situation/of one's destiny ser* dueño de la situación/de su ( or mi etc) destino to be one's own master no tener* que darle cuentas a nadieExample sentences
- He asked me what my business was and I told him I had a letter of introduction for the master of the household.
- He was the independent master of a peasant household, whose position was protected by the king's law.
- He is a father, a master of household, a countryman, and hence a consummate member of a community.
- In these stories, the horse accompanies his master through all kinds of hardships and danger.
- The forest was still and quiet; the horses watched their masters placidly.
- Even the animals knew their masters were excited, and were thus excited themselves.
- 2 (expert) master
ofsth maestro, (masculine, feminine) dealgo, experto, (masculine, feminine) enalgo to be a past master of sth ser* un maestro consumado en algoExample sentences
- Strength, compassion, honor and skill elevate the practitioner to the master.
- The FBI agent is tough, smart, and a master of disguise.
- He is a master of disguise and concealment.
- 3 3.1 [Univ] (degree) master's (degree) (título (masculine) de) master (masculine) or máster (masculine), maestría (feminine) Master of Arts/Science[ poseedor de una maestría en Humanidades/Ciencias ] 3.2 (British English/inglés británico) (teacher) (in secondary school) profesor (masculine); (in primary school) maestro (masculine)Example sentences3.3 (of college) director, (masculine, feminine)
- The rogue gave the master of the college as referee, but in view of his story, the bank opened the account and collected the cheque without making enquiries.
- First there was a general interview at which the candidates were grilled by the master, dean, senior tutor, and fellows of the subject.
- He held the regius chair of Greek at Oxford for nearly 40 years and was master of Balliol College for more than 20 years.
- 4 [Nautical/Náutica] capitán (masculine)Example sentences
- During the trip, Jones unexpectedly became the ship's master when its captain and first mate died suddenly.
- The master of the ship was in command at the time of the incident.
- A mariner emerges from the hatchway and climbs the rigging, while below the boatswain and ship's master are thrown about on deck.
- 5(Master)5.1 [History/Historia] (as form of address used by servants) el señor; (to younger man) señorito you called, master? ¿llamaba el señor? 5.2 (on letters to young boys) Sr.Example sentences
- Young Master John, please to understand it is not wise to disrespect and interrupt your elders if you wish to benefit from their knowledge and wisdom.
- Bronte depicts young Master John Reed as virtually a paradigm of the Victorian bad boy, wallowing in gluttony, sadism, and a host of other deadly sins.
- But I'd look between the benches at young master Charles on the playing field and think, that's where I should be.
- The third type of government in the household is that of the lord over his slaves and the master over his servants…
- By 1640 the social structure of the island consisted of masters, servants, and slaves.
- The old law of master and servant saw the master as the head of the family.
- 6 6.1 [Computing/Informática] (controlling device) terminal (masculine) maestro 6.2 [Audio] [Computing/Informática] [Printing/Imprenta] (for copies) original (masculine)Example sentences
- The main advantage of the cluster is that the computation power depends on the number of computers one adds to the master machine.
- One device acts as a master and the devices connected to it act as slaves.
- Whenever a machine becomes master, it takes over the virtual server address and continues with its original.
- The quality is also poor because the transfer was taken from a tape master rather than the original 35 mm print.
- The transfers are as good as they can be, given the state of the video master tapes these were culled from.
- The soundtrack master seems to have been in good shape, as there is little trace of any kind of background distortions or hiss.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
adjective/adjetivo(before noun, no comparative/delante del nombre, sin comparativo)
- 1.1 (expert) master baker/builder maestro (masculine) panadero/de obras 1.2 (main, principal) [switch/key] maestro 1.3 (dominant) superior the master race la raza superior 1.4 (original) [tape] original, matriz master copy original (masculine) master disk [Computing/Informática] disco (masculine) maestro master file [Computing/Informática] archivo (masculine) or fichero (masculine) maestro master spy jefe, (masculine, feminine) de espías
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.