Traducción de master en español:
- 1 you can't serve two mastersno se puede servir a Dios y al diabloI will be master in my own house!¡en esta casa mando yo!to be master of the situation/of one's destinyser dueño de la situación/de su ( or mi etc) destinoto be one's own masterno tener que darle cuentas a nadieOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The third type of government in the household is that of the lord over his slaves and the master over his servants…
- By 1640 the social structure of the island consisted of masters, servants, and slaves.
- The old law of master and servant saw the master as the head of the family.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He asked me what my business was and I told him I had a letter of introduction for the master of the household.
- He was the independent master of a peasant household, whose position was protected by the king's law.
- He is a father, a master of household, a countryman, and hence a consummate member of a community.
- In these stories, the horse accompanies his master through all kinds of hardships and danger.
- The forest was still and quiet; the horses watched their masters placidly.
- Even the animals knew their masters were excited, and were thus excited themselves.
- 2 (expert)master
ofsomething to be a past master of somethingser un maestro consumado en algoOraciones de ejemplo
- Strength, compassion, honor and skill elevate the practitioner to the master.
- The FBI agent is tough, smart, and a master of disguise.
- He is a master of disguise and concealment.
- 3 3.1 (University) (degree)master's (degree)(título (masculine) de) master (masculine) or máster (masculine)Master of Arts/Science
maestría (feminine)(poseedor de una maestría en Humanidades/Ciencias)Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (British English) (teacher)
(in secondary school) profesor (masculine)(in primary school) maestro (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo3.3 (of college)
- He is a graduate of UH with master's degrees in Pacific Studies and History.
- Some had master's and doctorate degrees, and some were Party members.
- The number of researchers has doubled, and a larger proportion now have master's degrees and doctorates.
director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The master of the public school said he was unable to make any further comment.
- When he protested his innocence, his schoolmates sided with the master.
- Look at him, walking around like he's the day master at a boarding school.
- The rogue gave the master of the college as referee, but in view of his story, the bank opened the account and collected the cheque without making enquiries.
- First there was a general interview at which the candidates were grilled by the master, dean, senior tutor, and fellows of the subject.
- He held the regius chair of Greek at Oxford for nearly 40 years and was master of Balliol College for more than 20 years.
- 4 (Nautical)Oraciones de ejemplo
- During the trip, Jones unexpectedly became the ship's master when its captain and first mate died suddenly.
- The master of the ship was in command at the time of the incident.
- A mariner emerges from the hatchway and climbs the rigging, while below the boatswain and ship's master are thrown about on deck.
- 5also: Master5.1 (History) (as form of address used by servants)el señor(to younger man) señoritoyou called, master?¿llamaba el señor?Oraciones de ejemplo5.2 (on letters to young boys)
- Young Master John, please to understand it is not wise to disrespect and interrupt your elders if you wish to benefit from their knowledge and wisdom.
- Bronte depicts young Master John Reed as virtually a paradigm of the Victorian bad boy, wallowing in gluttony, sadism, and a host of other deadly sins.
- But I'd look between the benches at young master Charles on the playing field and think, that's where I should be.
- 6 6.1 (Computing) (controlling device)terminal (masculine) maestroOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo6.2 (Audio, Computing, Printing) (for copies)
- The main advantage of the cluster is that the computation power depends on the number of computers one adds to the master machine.
- One device acts as a master and the devices connected to it act as slaves.
- Whenever a machine becomes master, it takes over the virtual server address and continues with its original.
- The quality is also poor because the transfer was taken from a tape master rather than the original 35 mm print.
- The transfers are as good as they can be, given the state of the video master tapes these were culled from.
- The soundtrack master seems to have been in good shape, as there is little trace of any kind of background distortions or hiss.
- 1 (control)(fear/impulse)
vencerOraciones de ejemplo
- Personality explores what it is that makes us who we are and uncovers the universal battle to master our emotions and control our behaviour.
- I'm not sure if you'll find an easy answer: mastering control of your dreams enough to wake up at will may be a skill that takes a while to learn.
- Humans then have a God given right to control and master nature.
- 2 (learn)(technique/subject)
llegar a dominarOraciones de ejemplo
- Treatment strategies for asthma include daily self-management that relies on acquiring and mastering specific knowledge and skills.
- It was a time when creating a role meant believing in the art rather than simply mastering the technique.
- His technique of completely mastering a topic before drawing it allowed for this high level of demonstrative skill.
adjective before noun, no comparative
- 1 (expert) master baker/buildermaestro (masculine) panadero/de obrasOraciones de ejemplo
- I can't think of a finer person to have taught me the sport-he was a master technician who had a real knack for dealing with kids.
- You don't need to be a master carpenter, but some basic skills and basic tools are necessary.
- Our country has the pride of having master craftsmen who carve out exquisite products with their deft hands.
- 2 (main, principal)(switch/key)
maestroOraciones de ejemplo
- I scored the first victory of the weekend by claiming the master bedroom - a sumptuous affair with a bay window and a lovely view of the river.
- The master bedroom is ensuite and has a walk-in wardrobe with shelves.
- On the first floor there is a master bedroom with en-suite shower room and balcony, and a second bedroom/study.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda