- 1.1 (take form) [object/ghost] aparecer* I waited over an hour, but he never materialized esperé más de una hora, pero no aparecióMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (become real) [hope/idea] hacerse* realidad, concretarse, materializarse*
- We had been told to expect a rescue package but none had materialised.
- A mixture of reef sharks and bulls, they have an uncanny ability to appear behind you or materialise from behind a coral head only feet away.
- She crawled out of her sleeping bag and her dark head peered around the room once more, as though she expected her friends to materialise out of nowhere.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There must be strange entities materializing from the ether, ghouls, ghosts, or spirits hanging out in the material world to warn or haunt us.
- Near Virginia City, Nevada, the spirit of a camel materializes, led by a dead man.
- This time he knew what it was before the ghost even materialized.
- Needless to say these jobs never materialised and in fact 175 jobs from the existing plant in Limerick were actually lost.
- The expectation was for an abrupt decline in consumer expenditures that, in fact, did not materialize.
- The salaries did in fact later materialize, and living within salaries is no form of corruption.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.