- 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable carne (feminine) a plate of cold o cooked meats un plato de fiambres the meat and potatoes (American English/inglés norteamericano) lo básico a meat and potatoes repertoire un repertorio básico to be meat and drink to sb ser* la pasión de algn to be strong meat ser* demasiado fuerte one man's meat is another man's poison lo que a uno cura a otro mata (before noun/delante del nombre) meat by-product derivado (masculine) de la carne meat extract extracto (masculine) de carne meat grinder (American English/inglés norteamericano) moledora (feminine) or (Spain, River Plate area/España, Río de la Plata) picadora (feminine) de carne meat industry industria (feminine) cárnica or de la carne meat pie pastel (masculine) de carne meat product producto (masculine) cárnico or de la carne meat safe (British English/inglés británico) fresquera (f), fiambrera (f) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 uncountable/no numerable (substance) sustancia (f), enjundia (f)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The principal meats were pork, beef, mutton, and sometimes freshwater fish taken from the river.
- The highly processed food and low-quality meats affect the health, both physical and mental, of everyone here.
- He could smell the meats and the foods cooking on the hot plates above him, and he felt his stomach growl.
- Disc Two is where the meat of the supplements is featured.
- They are dialogue-heavy, but they are laying the groundwork for the real meat of the film.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.