- 1 uncountablealso: spearmintOraciones de ejemplo
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- If space limits you to only three herbs, plant mint, parsley, and thyme.
- This method works well with groundcovers and other plants that spread quickly, such as creeping thyme, mints, lamb's ears, ajuga, vinca, mums, asters, and daisies.
- 3 countable (confection)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Also, keep a packet of mints or chewing gum in your bag in case you need to freshen up later.
- Paste-type mixtures are also used for making sweets, especially mints.
- Gelatin, an ingredient made from cow bones, is a frequent ingredient in yogurt, ice cream, mints, gummy candies, margarine, and the coatings on some gel caps.
- (Finance)casa (feminine) de la monedato make/cost/be worth a mint (of money)hacer/costar/valer un dineral or una fortunaOraciones de ejemplo
- He added that the coin mint moved to that site in 1546, just before Edward VI became King, and the minting of coins halted there in 1554.
- By counterfeit coinage was meant not so much the striking of imitations from base metal (for which there is in fact very little extant evidence) as coins struck in mints not controlled by the king.
- Britain forbade her colonies to set up their own mints; and British coins brought in by new colonists were soon sent home to pay for imports.
- (before noun)(coin/stamp)in mint condition
sin usaren perfecto estado
como nuevoOraciones de ejemplo
- It is a great second box set of 3 records, mint.
- Offered for sale are Disney Toy Story 8 miniature figurines, mint, in the original box.
acuñarOraciones de ejemplo
- But there are also plenty of away-from-the-computer projects, such as drawing monarch butterflies and minting your own coins.
- Most countries that switch continue to mint their own coins, however.
- Legend has it that each new Governor would mint his own coins but local people kept using bread as their currency regardless.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda