Traducción de nail en español:
- 1 (Constr)(smaller)a nail in somebody's coffinthis failure is another nail in his coffineach cigarette you smoke is another nail in your coffineste fracaso es otro paso camino a su derrotato be as hard as nailscon cada cigarrillo que fumas te vas cavando tu propia fosato hit the nail on the head to pay on the nail [colloquial]ser muy duro (de corazón)they paid cash on the nailpagar en el actopagaron a toca teja (Spain) or (River Plate area) pagaron taca taca or (Chile) (Venezuela) chinchin or (Mexico) en caliente (y de repente) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- I also need a hammer and nails, picture hooks and the step ladder.
- My grandad was an engineer by trade and we had loads of tools and boxes of nails, screws, hooks and no end of other fixings.
- Bolts, nails and other metal scrap are dangerously strewn about on the bridges posing threat not only to the pedestrians but to the vehicles as well.
- 2 (Anatomy) to cut one's nailsshe bites her nailscortarse las uñas(before noun) nail polish o (American English) enamel o (British English) varnish nail polish o (American English) enamel o (in British English also) varnish removerse come las uñasOraciones de ejemplo
- Longitudinal striations are accentuated ridges in the nail surface that can occur as a normal part of the aging process.
- The dorsal fold that lies on the surface of the nail is the eponychium, or cuticle.
- Some of those patients had toenails so thick that they had outgrown the average nail clipper long ago.
- 1 (fix) sheer panic nailed him to the spotse quedó clavado en el sitio de puro pánicoOraciones de ejemplo
- Secure each additional board to the furring strips by nailing diagonally through the top edge of the tongue.
- Boards nailed on tree trunks frequently advertise computer training institutes, he said.
- So the shelter was finished, the tin roof nailed down and the walls re-enforced.
- 2 [colloquial] 2.1 (apprehend)2.2 (obtain, secure) you nailed it!agarrar or (Spain) coger2.3 (expose)¡le acertaste!(lie)poner al descubiertoOraciones de ejemplo2.4
(American English) (Sport)(in league)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Clerk of the Senate nailed that lie five years ago when he pointed out the Constitution makes clear federal law takes precedence over state law.
- Let me finally nail the lie that service pensions are free.
- Must we wait another twenty years to nail this other lie to the wall as by then it will be too late for this radio station.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He held a narrow 8-7 advantage at the first bell, but turned on the style in the second round and nailed his opponent with some brilliant combinations.
- The object is to hit your opponent while avoiding being nailed yourself.
- The sharpshooter kept the West in the game down the stretch, nailing a couple jumpers to keep the score close.
- The police, through hours and hours and hours of work, nailed that criminal.
- The only people who can nail the perpetrators are the reporters who heard the leaks.
- Detectives hunting a gunman who executed a father-of-three in a gangland murder have appealed to the criminal underworld to help nail the killer.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to