Traducción de narrow en español:
- 1 1.1 (not wide)(path/opening/hips)to get or become narrower
angosto (esp Latin America)estrecharseangostarse (esp Latin America)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (slender)
- Fabric is woven in relatively narrow widths and long lengths, cut and assembled side-to-side for garments, blankets and other textile uses.
- Shin length pants, narrow or flared at the bottom.
- Laminate flooring is made of long, narrow lengths of high-density fibre, generally with a photograph of wood on top, coated with an acrylic lacquer.
escaso(win/victory)to have a narrow escape
conseguido por un escaso margensalvarse de milagrosalvarse por un pelo [colloquial]salvarse por los pelos [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Suddenly, the Claytons were looking at possible defeat rather than a narrow victory.
- The Lions escaped with a narrow four-point victory, topping Waterloo 73-69.
- We must not allow the narrow margin of victory to become a source of greater conflict in society.
- 2 (restricted)(range/horizons/view)from a narrow perspective
limitadocon una perspectiva estrecha or limitadain the narrowest sense of the worden el sentido más estricto de la palabraOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Like others, we have huge concerns about scopes of practice becoming narrow and restrictive.
- The applicant's construction gives it a very narrow scope, virtually limited to prohibiting what is already an offence under the general criminal law.
- Provincial co-management regimes are typically narrow in scope as well as limited in formal powers.
- Passion and commitment can be rather focused, occasionally ranging into the narrow point of view.
- There are many objections that spring to mind - is that not a narrow view, intolerant, prejudicial to the good health of society?
- Those who accuse us of social engineering often have very narrow, rigid view about the way the world should be and everyone should conform with that.
- 3 (exact, thorough) [formal]Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is a conservative in this strict and narrow sense.
- Although the Old Testament is a literature about an ancient people called Israel, it is not simply a national literature in any narrow sense.
- Here I am thinking primarily of ethical difficulties, not linguistic or literary difficulties in the narrow sense.
- 1 (reduce width of)(canal/lapel)the accident narrowed the road to two lanes
angostar (esp Latin America)el accidente dejó la carretera reducida a dos carrilesshe narrowed her eyes(against the sun) entrecerró los ojos(with suspicion) frunció el ceñoto narrow the gapreducir la distanciaOraciones de ejemplo
- From this haunted ridge the road curves down to Tiquina, where the lake narrows to a strait less than a kilometer wide.
- The pace soon slows as the road narrows to a rocky rollercoaster single track, changing often and abruptly and leaving most newcomers flailing for gears.
- Beyond Nakalele the road grows more scenic as it narrows to barely a lane and a half wide in places; go slow and honk on blind hairpin turns.
- 2 (restrict)Oraciones de ejemplo
- First, the scope of censorship has narrowed to such an extent that entire domains are now almost a free-for-all.
- Thirdly, some States have passed implementing legislation that in fact restricts or narrows the scope of grounds of jurisdiction laid down in international treaties.
- These opportunities are not narrowed to the chosen few in select parties.
- 1(decrease in width) (road/river/valley)
angostarse (esp Latin America)(gap)
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + objectto narrow something down
han limitado su investigación a esta áreawe narrowed it down to only three candidates
fuimos descartando candidatos hasta quedar con solo tres2verb + adverbto narrow down (
reducirse (the list of suspects gradually narrowed down
la lista de sospechosos se fue reduciendo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda