Traducción de nick en español:
- 1 (notch — in wood)(— in blade) mella (feminine)did you cut yourself? — it's just a little nick¿te cortaste? — es solo un rasguñoin the nick of timejusto a tiempoOraciones de ejemplo
- Like the old rifles, the rear sight bears a tiny nick of a sighting notch.
- There are few film defects such as nicks or blemishes to be seen.
- The picture suffers from numerous source defects, including many nicks and scratches, a generally dirty appearance, and discolored film elements.
- 3 (British English) [slang] 3.1 (prison)cárcel (feminine)
chirona (feminine) [colloquial]
cana (feminine) (South America) [slang]
trullo (masculine) (Spain) [slang]
bote (masculine) (Mexico) (Venezuela) [slang]
gayola (feminine) (River Plate area) [slang]
porotera (feminine) (Chile) [slang]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (police station)
- Letters Bernie Ebbers shed a tear or two as he was sentenced to 25 years in the nick for his part in the financial disaster that was WorldCom.
- And I'm not sure my friend realised that councils have many other ways of getting their council tax and some of them can have far-reaching effects that go beyond a short spell in the nick.
- We'll go and put a picket round the 'ville while they're in the nick.
- Always in these movies the defendant looks cooked, until a last minute witness shows up at the nick, spurred on by ingenious detective work.
- He ought to be retiring to the nick after all the dodgy warrants he signed for Inspector Fiend.
- I'm Sergeant Peter Lees and this is PC Lee Peters from Westing nick.
- 1 (notch)hacer una muesca enI nicked myself shavingme corté al afeitarmeOraciones de ejemplo
- Does that mean that Gillette will have to start making blunter razor blades so they will not be culpable if we nick ourselves shaving?
- And that was ok too, because, who didn't, every once in a while, nick themselves shaving?
- The fake bills might even be nicked or slightly torn.
- 2 (steal) to nick something
fromsomebodyafanarle [slang] or (Mexico) (Venezuela) [colloquial] volarle algo aalguienOraciones de ejemplo
- We first see the hero, Jamie, as a violent 18-year-old Gravesend thug who, having nicked a car, runs off with 15-year-old Lynsey.
- Rather than nicking your car stereo, the thief of 2020 will be after your whole digital persona.
- A top Navy Officer was hauled before a court martial yesterday after a laptop packed with military secrets was nicked from his car.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda