Traducción de nippy en español:
adjective -pier, -piest
- 1 (chilly) [colloquial] it's nippyhace fríoOraciones de ejemplo
- Truth is, when the weather is nippy and you need something warm and comforting, nothing beats meatloaf for taste.
- However, beware of painting outdoors when the weather turns nippy.
- Have a stash of soft drinks chilled and, if the weather's nippy, a mulled cider simmering in a slow-cooker.
- 2 (of flavor) (American English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Adding to the flavour are a range of ingredients which include syrupy jaggery to tangy ginger, thin slivers of nippy lemon to long slices of luscious mango, besides assorted grams and pulses in dozens of tasty forms.
- The eggs were just poached, the potatoes hollowed out and filled with three different oozing cheeses - a nippy cheddar, a soft goat and salty Roquefort, I'd guess.
- 3 (British English) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two quick fire points from nippy wing forward Michael Browne Jnr tied the sides in the first five minutes of the second period.
- The only goal came in the 75th minute when Seamus Gray released Joey Nolan and the nippy winger went through to score in style.
- The nippy, adept forward's haul of six points, which included two superb second-half efforts, played a substantial part in the north Roscommon club's four-points victory.
- On the road, this proved to be a particularly nippy car about town, pulling off from junctions with a sprightly performance.
- For a relatively nippy car, the fuel consumption is quite good, but don't try to squeeze any tall adults into the back.
- Slotted into the Elise it turns the nippy, lightweight roadster into a car capable of delivering supercar levels of excitement.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda