- 1 1.1 (in name) nominalMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Econ] nominal nominal capital capital (m) nominal nominal value valor (m) nominal nominal wage salario (m) or sueldo (m) nominal
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (token) [fee/rent] simbólico nominal damages [Law] resarcimiento (m) nominal or no compensatorio
- The government plays a nominal role in dictating policy because it cannot monitor local fisheries or enforce fisheries regulations.
- There are then individuals for whom religion plays only a nominal role in constructing a sense of self and of group membership.
- It controlled Cuba even after its nominal independence from 1902, and gained sovereignty over the Panama Canal in 1903.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In spite of the existing low nominal interest rates, the real interest rates in the economy are still high, and also the credit off-take is low.
- This is borne out by several studies that concur in stating real and nominal rates ‘are leading indicators of future output.’
- During the transition, inflation would lower real rates; nominal rates would adjust incompletely.
- While the charges are nominal at government health establishments, often the cost of the medicine they prescribe is steep, especially for the poor.
- Office space will be rented out at nominal prices to IT firms.
- If a nominal charge was introduced to defray the cost, I don't think too many people would complain.
- 2 [Ling] nominal, sustantivoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One tends to think of participants in a process as nominal entities designated by noun phrases.
- Similar are sentences in which a pronoun or noun phrase with general reference is used instead of the nominal relative clause.
- It is however a noun and ‘after’ clauses are nominal.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.