- 1 (Medicine) student nurseestudiante (masculine or feminine) de enfermeríanight/day nurseenfermero del turno nocturno/diurnoOraciones de ejemplo
- To be valuable health care practitioners, nurses must commit to lifelong learning.
- The circulating perioperative nurse applies warm blankets to the patient to prevent hypothermia.
- The charity also employs oncology care nurses at key hospitals throughout Ireland.
- 2 (nanny)niñera (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- She takes refuge with her old nurse, Denis's mother, and Denis falls in love with her little daughter Agnes.
- There, her old nurse recognizes the goblet, which the trolls had stolen when they abducted her long ago.
- But Canada's nanny is not just the caring nurse; she's also a strict governess.
- 3→ wet nurse
- 1 1.1 (Medicine) he nursed her back to healthla atendió or cuidó hasta que se repuso
cuidó de ella hasta que se repusoOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(wound/injury)he's still nursing a sore head
- Later, when Pip falls sick, Joe nurses him back to health and pays off all of his debts.
- During her first and second years at medical school Patrice nursed her own mother, who had terminal breast cancer.
- The procedure also made it possible to discover that she developed these symptoms while she was nursing her sick father, something that was unknown to her.
cuidartodavía anda con dolor de cabezathe champion went away to nurse his wounded prideel campeón se retiró a lamerse las heridasI'm staying in to nurse my coldme voy a quedar en casa a ver si me mejoro de este resfriadoOraciones de ejemplo1.3
(business)he nursed the bill through parliament
- He's not the type of player to nurse an injury, so the team should be careful with how it uses him.
- Dale Heidtmann is still nursing a foot injury but lock Phillip Schutte returns to the reserve bench.
- Day after day, I nursed the wound, looking forward to healing, but pus continued to drain from the incision site, helped by the wick that I had thoughtfully inserted.
sacar a flotelogró que aprobaran el proyecto de leyhe nursed his car to the nearest garagemanejando con sumo cuidado, logró llegar hasta el taller más próximoconduciendo con sumo cuidado, logró llegar hasta el taller más próximo (Spain)Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is the right moment to nurse it with care and concern, instead of leaving the youngsters frustrated.
- Instead of developing players to international level, Scotland's pro teams have had to nurse youngsters up to a basic competitive standard which some never reach.
- Benn recounts how, as his own death sentence appeared to lift, he nursed Caroline through terminal breast cancer.
- 2 2.1 (cradle)(baby)
tener en brazosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2
- It begins in 1981 with a phone call at Christmas from a cycling track in Germany to an apartment in Ghent, Belgium, where a mother is nursing her infant son.
- For instance, the oral stage can be seen as the emergence of symbolic capacity, in the complex biological matrix of a mother nursing her infant.
- The mother often nurses an infant until the age of two.
- Tracking back in support of his besieged full-back, Arjen Robben seemed in control as he nursed the ball towards the end-line and used his superior size to hold off Messi.
- We figured we would just nurse the ball and get into field goal position.
tener en la manoOraciones de ejemplo
- During his wait, Perez ordered himself a Bloody Mary and he was nursing the drink, sipping occasionally as he waited for Tan Ludlow.
- After seven or eight bourbon and cokes in about an hour I started nursing my drinks because even in my inebriated state I valued my liver more than my pride at never getting outdrunk by a girl.
- Sad to say, but I've been becoming a leather jacket wearing guy standing at the back of the venue, nursing my drink.
- 3 (suckle)(baby)nursing mothers
amamantarmadres de niños de pecho or que están amamantando a sus hijosOraciones de ejemplo
- The cub nursed at her breast with as little fear as the young child newly born she had left behind at home.
- If your baby is premature or can't nurse right away after birth, you may have to feed the baby in other ways.
- Placing very young children, especially nursing infants, with foster caretakers implied payment for the service.
- 4 (harbor)(hope/ambition)to nurse a grudge
abrigarguardar rencorOraciones de ejemplo
- Many Democratic voters have nursed feelings of anger and disenfranchisement for the past four years.
- I nursed a secret longing to explore such places but the only reason I was ever allowed to climb another man's fence was if there was no bush handy to address a roadside bathroom emergency.
- For days, Miss Nellie nursed a feeling of neglect.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda