Traducción de object en español:
- 1 1.1 (thing) objeto (masculine) what is this strange object? ¿qué es este objeto tan raro? she felt she was being treated as a sex object sintió que se la trataba como a una mujer objeto or un mero objeto sexual no object distance is no object la distancia no importa or no es inconveniente money's no object for them el dinero no les preocupa give me the biggest you have: expense o money (is) no object deme el más grande que tenga, cueste lo que cuesteExample sentences1.2 (of actions, feelings) objeto (masculine) he was the object of a smear campaign fue objeto de una campaña de difamación
- In the language center, for instance, toddlers learn vocabulary by touching and feeling available objects as they practice the names of the items and the sound of the letter.
- Just as in art everything depends on a limited but skillful use of color and sounds, so too the art of living demands a limited but skillful use of material objects.
- The group's knowledge of everyday objects and materials will then be tested through a quiz and the children will discover how fragments of history can help us build up a picture of the past.
- The relationship between environment and organisms became the object of his attention.
- The romance became public when the object of her affection, a Swiss named Franco, announced plans to divorce his wife.
- If the object of a public consultation is to find out what the market thinks, Black's Consulting is on the right track.
- 2 (aim, purpose) objetivo (masculine), propósito (masculine), fin (masculine) we proceeded with this object in mind procedimos teniendo en mente este objetivo or propósito there's no object in continuing no tiene sentido or objeto continuarExample sentences
- A goal is an object that the eye is focused on for the purpose of attaining it through constant attention and effort.
- This decision does illustrate how closely the express and implied powers of specialized agencies must be related to their specific objects and purposes.
- The result would hardly prove consistent with the object and purpose of the Statute and its intent to put an end to impunity for the perpetrators of the most serious crimes.
- 3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] complemento (masculine) direct/indirect object complemento (de objeto) directo/indirectoExample sentences
- Earlier forerunners rely entirely on intransitive or quasi-transitive verbs, with the object preceded by a preposition.
- Verbs can be either transitive or intransitive a transitive verb governs an object, whereas an intransitive verb does not.
- Mohawk is a polysynthetic language, in which noun objects can easily be incorporated into the verb.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/əbˈdʒekt/
- 1.1 (express objection, oppose) to object (
tosth) oponerse* or poner* objeciones ( aalgo) she objected to the presence of journalists puso objeciones or se opuso a la presencia de periodistas nobody objected when I proposed the motion nadie se opuso or nadie puso objeciones or nadie objetó cuando presenté la moción I object most strongly to your accusations! ¡no puedo dejar pasar sus acusaciones sin protestar enérgicamente! I object! ¡protesto! to object to a question [Law/Derecho] oponerse* a or objetar una pregunta 1.2 (disapprove, mind) if you don't object si no le molesta or [formal] importunato object to -ingdo you object to my smoking? ¿le molesta que fume? but I do object to not being told at all pero lo que sí me molesta or lo que sí no puedo admitir es que no se me diga nada I object to your using this place as a hotel no estoy dispuesta a aceptar que uses esta casa como un hotel I wouldn't object to a cup of tea no diría que no a una taza de té
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/əbˈdʒekt/
- objetar she objected that he was too young objetó que era demasiado joven I think it's unfair —he objected —me parece injusto —objetó
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.