Traducción de offensive en español:
- 1 1.1 there's no need to be offensiveno hay por qué ofender or insultarto be offensive
tosomebodyofender or insultar a alguienOraciones de ejemplo1.2
- The film provoked controversy because of its use of offensive language, and was given an 18 rating by film censors.
- There will be people who find the above image highly offensive and insensitive.
- Officials have always been able to send off players who use offensive, abusive or insulting language, but now that definition's been extended to cover gestures too.
desagradableOraciones de ejemplo
- Chimney-sweeps, on the other hand, formed distinct and coherent communities, their filthy appearance and offensive smell forcing them into collective isolation.
- A doctor friend of ours kindly provided a large supply of surgical masks which I wore constantly to mask the imaginary offensive smells emitting from the kitchen.
- In a three-month period, there were 33 disruptive incidents in total, most relating to having an offensive smell or verbal abuse.
- 2 2.1(strategy)offensive weapon
ofensivoarma (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) ofensivaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (American English) (Sport)
- The captain said the unit supported airlift operations and offensive air support operations.
- It will be the hub of all logistics support for combat forces conducting offensive operations in littoral regions.
- They are most proud of the fact that they could quickly shift gears from force protection operations to direct offensive combat without missing a beat.
de ataqueOraciones de ejemplo
- They do not want other countries in Asia to get any kind of offensive missiles and nuclear weapons.
- They found 13 firearms and 266 offensive weapons.
- Since the galley represented by the model in Plates V and VI, was built in 1736, her dominant offensive weapon was a cannon at her bow.
- The timeout is given at the first deadball when the team requesting it has offensive possession or on a foul.
- The Mavericks probably are the most potent offensive team in the game but are criticized for their defense.
- The offensive team passes the ball from man to man while the defense adjusts and follows the ball.
- to launch an offensive against somebody/somethinglanzar una ofensiva contra alguien/algoto be on the offensiveestar a la ofensivato go over to the offensivepasar a la ofensiva or al ataqueto take the offensiveOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This year under considerable pressure from the army, the president gave the go-ahead for a military offensive against separatist guerillas in Aceh.
- Planning offensives, like military campaigns or space probes, are given virile, go-get-'em titles.
- Rebels in the country's oil-rich Niger delta have threatened to attack oil facilities unless the military halts an offensive.
- In a short period Reebok India has become the market leader; it has even found it necessary to launch an offensive against counterfeiting of its products.
- A social offensive is being waged in every country against the working class, aimed at clawing back the concessions that were made to avert the socialist threat in an earlier period.
- First, governments began an offensive against the social welfare conditions they had been obliged to grant to the working class in an earlier period.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda