- 1 countable/numerable (room) oficina (f), despacho (m); (building, set of rooms) oficina (f), oficinas (fpl); (staff) oficina (f)(architect's office)estudio (masculine) (de arquitecto)(lawyer's office)bufete (m) or despacho (m) (de abogado)(doctor's office)(American English/inglés norteamericano) consultorio (m), consulta (f) the manager's office el despacho or la oficina del director the company's New York office las oficinas de la compañía en Nueva York we don't want the whole office to hear no queremos que lo oiga toda la oficina (before noun/delante del nombre) [work/furniture] de oficina; de oficina; [block/building] de oficinas office automation ofimática (feminine) office boy recadero (m), botones (m), mandadero (m) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) outside office hours fuera de las horas de oficina during/in office hours en horas de oficina office junior auxiliar (masculine and feminine) de oficina are you coming to the office party? ¿vas a venir a la fiesta de la oficina? office space espacio (masculine) para oficinas office worker oficinista (mf), empleado, (m,f) de oficina, administrativo, (m,f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These pesticides are used in schools, churches, business offices, apartment buildings, grocery stores, and homes on a regular basis.
- The plan is to retain the office building and sub-divide it into offices for small businesses and meeting rooms.
- She hopped into the truck and backed it into the hangar-like room of the office building.
- The Laois Youth Theatre is an initiative of the Arts Office, Laois County Council.
- This was reprinted with kind permission of the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- The performance is promoted by the Arts Office of Laois County Council.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (post, position) cargo (masculine) the office of president/mayor el cargo de presidente/alcalde she had held this office twice había ocupado dos veces este cargo to take office tomar posesión del cargo to leave office dejar el cargo he was in office for three years ocupó el cargo durante tres años the party was in/out of office el partido estaba/ya no estaba en el poder term of o (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) in office mandato (masculine) during her period of office durante el período en que ocupó el cargo, durante su mandato 2.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (duty) [formal] cometido (m), función (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This bill includes a provision for establishing the office of Chief Coroner.
- I never knew how much the office of "farm wife" entailed until our farm's wife disappeared into the wilds of Italy for two and a half weeks.
- He was welcome in the office of the chairman and the studio of the artist and his opinion was valued in both situations.
- 3(offices plural)(assistance) [formal](good offices)mediación (f), buenos oficios (mpl)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The following recipe has been supplied courtesy of Arnott's Biscuits Limited through the good offices of Frank Townsend, Chief Chemist.
- Yet we are ever-ready to listen to voices of reason, sanity and justice and we remain committed to an honourable solution with the government of India or through the good offices of the apex court.
- Through the good offices of Willie Groarke, a new shrine to the Sacred Heart was blessed on Sunday at Cully.
- 4 countable/numerable [Religion/Religión] oficio (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Divine Office has always been faithfully kept by lay people - not just clergy, monks and nuns-for centuries.
- Though she loved the Divine Office and appreciated the Chant, she could not sing two notes in tune.
- It is not a virtue for the monk… to lack time in which to attend the common recitation of the Divine Office, read a certain amount, and mix with his community.
- His book is designed for up to four daily offices (morning, noon, evening and night).
- Chapters 3 and 4 treat Evening Prayer as a counter to Morning Prayer and the minor offices as occasional rather than daily prayer.
- A few days after reading this report I opened my Bible to read the lesson for the daily office.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an