- 1.1 (unload) [cargo] desembarcar*, descargar*; [ship/truck] descargar*; [passengers] hacer* bajarMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (discard) [colloquial/familiar] to offload sth
- The teachers from the orphanage immediately formed a line to help us offload our cargo.
- He said that the company was manufacturing its own spare parts and other accessories for the machinery a development that caused considerable cut down on time to load and offload cargo.
- Fixed-wing air land is the next most responsive mode, because it travels at the fastest speeds and the cargo can be offloaded quickly at the destination airstrip.
ontosb endilgarle* or endosarle or (AmL tb) encajarle algo aalgn [familiar/colloquial] he has an old car he wants to offload tiene un coche viejo del que quiere deshacerse or que quiere endilgarle a alguienMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He sold his synthesizers, offloaded his collection of more than 200 records and switched his focus to books.
- Currently, shareholders who want to offload shares sell back their stakes to the group.
- Often they were offloading defective goods they could not sell at a shop.
- I'm sorry to offload all this onto you but I guess its just fair to warn you what you may be getting yourself into.
- ‘Hairdressing salons are no longer the place to go to have your hair restyled, you can chill out, get a massage or go in and talk to your stylist and offload all your problems,’ says the writer.
- It's like you're using me to offload all your troubles and I'm sick!
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.