transitive verb/verbo transitivo (present/presente -sets present participle/participio presente, -setting past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado, -set)
- 1.1 (compensate for) [costs/loss/shortfall] compensar to offset sth
againststh deducir* algo dealgo any overpayment will be offset against your next invoice cualquier saldo a su favor le será deducido de su próxima facturaMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Printing/Imprenta] imprimir* en offset
- An increasing university student population has partly offset these effects.
- But part of the profit pressure is offset - at least on the income statement - with nonoperating gains.
- The decline in the primary sector was to an extent offset by the growth in production in the secondary sector.
- [Printing/Imprenta] offset (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [printing/reproduction] en offset
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.