- 1 (all right) [colloquial] (predicative) how are you? — OK, thanks¿qué tal estás? — bien, graciasthe job's OK, but …el trabajo no está mal, pero …will it be OK if I bring a friend?¿te importa si traigo a un amigo?if you don't want to come, that's quite OKsi no quieres venir, no hay ningún problemait's OK with meyo no tengo ningún inconvenientedo you like her? — she's OK¿te gusta? — no me disgustaare we OK for time?¿vamos bien de tiempo?Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In fairness, Casey probably did an okay job of the song, but I'd fallen asleep ten seconds into it.
- He was doing an okay job, until he missed one swing.
- Even though the job scenario has been okay, you just know something was bound to go wrong somewhere.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But only to reassure you that she is physically okay.
- She seemed to be okay physically as far as I could tell, but she frowned when she saw me - something was up, obviously.
- For me, it's a physical need to see to it that you're okay.
- I have a strong preference to avoid checking any luggage, so carry-on appropriate items are okay; things that have to be checked, not so good.
- ‘I said any date would be okay when his schedule permits,’ Koizumi told reporters after the meeting with Primakov.
- Most even find that it's okay to go further than that, with permission from everyone concerned of course.
- [colloquial]bastante bienOraciones de ejemplo
- We've done okay this season and have tried to cover up our weaknesses as much as we can.
- By and large it seems to be going okay and according to the returning officer we are on course and all the papers are due to go out this week.
- Just because we did okay last year doesn't mean we cannot fail this time round.
transitive verb present OK's present participle OK'ing past tense & past participle OK'ed
- [colloquial]darle el visto bueno ahave you OKed it with Saunders?¿Saunders le ha dado el visto bueno?
¿le has preguntado a Saunders si está bien?Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the Senate approves the exact legislation okayed by the House - down to every single word and comma - the legislation would then be sent to the President.
- Technically this bill required no Presidential approval, and it was okayed by the Governor.
- The plan, which recently resurfaced after being dropped, still has to be okayed by county traffic chiefs.
noun plural OK's
- [colloquial] they finally gave us the OKfinalmente nos dieron el visto buenoOraciones de ejemplo
- A misconception is that if they give the okay for organ and tissue retrieval, they won't be able to have an open casket or a funeral at all.
- They don't need an okay from the Ministry to proceed with any project.
- The family made an application for a grant and, on April 16, 2002, they were given the okay for the work.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda