n (pl -ries)
- 1 u (rhetoric, formal speech) oratoria (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Crowds delighted in speeches filled with double talk ridiculing the pompous, bombastic oratory that characterized familiar memorial rituals.
- Although identified as a fierce partisan, he received high marks from members of both political parties for his hard work, reasonableness, and eloquent oratory.
- Each of these bands was headed by both a war leader and a civil leader, the former chosen because of his reputation as a warrior, and the later chosen because of his eloquent oratory.
- 2 c (building) oratorio (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time, the Filippine Order was spreading its wings, and oratories were set up in many cities in Roman Catholic countries.
- The oratories tended to have permanent officers under the direction of the rector of the local baptismal church.
- There are the remains of a number of oratories and some stone monuments that may be pre-Christian.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.