- [Archit] parapeto (m), pretil (m); [Mil] parapeto (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And it is true that the young have always been in love with edges, walking the parapet of a bridge when the pavement is right beside it.
- You should be sure to form a parapet around the edges of the flat roof in order to contain your new upside-down roof from wind uplift.
- Three young men had a lucky escape after their car left the road, ploughed through a bridge parapet and ended up on its roof in a river.
- The German soldiers even had a line of little Christmas trees along the parapets of their trenches.
- Harry heard the scream of an incoming shell, as he went to dive for cover, the round burst on the parapet, directly above him.
- The Saxons started to put up small conifers on the parapets of their trenches - akin to our Christmas trees.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.