- 1.1 [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] parásito (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (person) parásito (masculine)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These genes are essentially immune system genes and defend the host organism from parasites.
- After all, more than half the species on Earth are parasites, and most organisms are host to a number of them.
- Some water molds are parasites on other organisms; they may grow on the scales or eggs of fish, or on amphibians.
- MPs, councillors and all their cronies are nothing more than scroungers, spongers, parasites.
- They are literary parasites, the enemies of creativity and imagination.
- They are all a pack of bludgers and parasites who pay no taxes but spend ours.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.