- 1.1 (gap, interval) pausa (f) without pause sin interrupción there was a pause in the conversation hubo una pausa or se hizo un silencio en la conversación there will now be a pause for light refreshments ahora haremos una pausa para tomar un refrigerio to give (sb) pause (for thought) dar* que pensar (a algn)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Mus] pausa (f)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a text without spacing, a speech without pause for breath.
- I heard the shower stop, a brief pause, then the whirr of an electric toothbrush started up.
- After a brief pause, it stopped momentarily on another tree.
- In the 5th Symphony he dispenses with the pause before the finale.
- There are a few pauses in the Allegro moderato and the final movement is quite thrilling in its peroration.
- Top it off with arrhythmic choruses drenched in vocoder effects and music pauses, and you have the blueprint for the entire album.
- (in speech) hacer* una pausa; (in movement) detenerse* to pause for breath parar para recobrar el alientoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They wandered about a little while, pausing briefly to pull on their boots.
- He might pause at the office briefly before leaving for the day.
- She pulled the wrapping paper from the gift, pausing only briefly at the nondescript box.