Traducción de peace en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable paz (feminine) they live in o at peace with their neighbors viven en paz con sus vecinos the two nations have been at peace for years hace años que las dos naciones viven en paz to be at peace with oneself [literary/literario] estar* en paz consigo mismo to be at peace with the world estar* satisfecho de la vida to make peace with sb hacer* las paces con algn they made their peace after their mother's death hicieron las paces tras la muerte de su madre (before noun/delante del nombre) para la paz; [proposal/initiative] de paz; [march/campaign] por la paz peace conference conferencia (feminine) de paz peace envoy enviado, (masculine, feminine) de paz the peace movement el movimiento pacifista he brought her flowers as a peace offering le trajo flores en señal de reconciliación peace settlement acuerdo (masculine) de paz peace studies estudios (masculine plural) de or para la pazExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (treaty) paz (feminine) the Peace of Ryswick la Paz de Ryswick
- It had gained respect and authority by ushering in a period of peace and stability in the city.
- That's what I think Americans can do with this providential period of prosperity and peace.
- The resulting peace agreement included a six-year interim period before a vote on independence.
- Finally, in 1842, the Chinese were forced to agree to an ignomious peace under the Treaty of Nanking.
- If Israelis and Palestinians are unwilling or unable to negotiate a workable peace, the international community must take the lead in promoting one.
- We must conduct our affairs in such a way that it becomes in the Communists' interest to agree on a genuine peace.
- 2 [Law/Derecho] to keep the peace [police/troops] mantener* el orden to breach o (British English/inglés británico) disturb the peace alterar el orden públicoExample sentences
- We know this fight is the way to defend the values that are at the basis of civil life and peace.
- Contention leads to war, and war is the antithesis of civil peace.
- To recognize the right to free association might have meant to deprive hundreds of millions of the right of civil peace.
- 3 (quiet, tranquillity) paz (feminine) the peace and quiet of the countryside la paz y tranquilidad del campo I went to the library for some peace and quiet me fui a la biblioteca para poder estar tranquilo the peace of mind that comes with old age la serenidad que da la edad I turned off the gas for my own peace of mind apagué el gas para quedarme tranquilo to be at peace descansar en paz rest in peace que en paz descanse let me finish this in peace déjame acabar esto en paz let me have a bit of peace déjame tranquilo or en paz un momento he won't give you any peace until he's got what he wants no te va a dejar tranquila or en paz hasta que no se salga con la suya to hold one's peace [formal] [archaic] guardar silencio speak now or forever hold your peace que hable ahora o que calle para siempreExample sentences
- Now my Sundays are for worship, family, friends, reading, rest, and relaxation-such freedom and peace.
- He said the number of visitors also had a social impact, both on other visitors who went in search of peace and tranquillity, and on the local population.
- There was just something about her that radiated peace, tranquility, and that made her very popular.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the