- 1.1 (calm, quiet) [animal] pacífico; [spot/place] tranquilo a peaceful Sunday afternoon una tranquila tarde de domingo the patient spent a peaceful night el paciente pasó una buena noche or pasó la noche tranquilo the city is peaceful again vuelve a reinar la paz en la ciudadMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (non-violent) [protest/picketing] pacífico, no violento peaceful coexistence la coexistencia or convivencia pacífica the peaceful use of nuclear power el uso de la energía nuclear para fines pacíficos they are a peaceful nation/people son una nación/un pueblo amante de la paz
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Election officials reported that balloting was peaceful and largely free of problems.
- The peaceful and tranquil room will be used by students in the school who are taking part in the programme.
- Free speech and open discussion are crucial components of a free and peaceful society.
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- He said his party is against all sort of violence and demands the peaceful resolution to the issue.
- Also, I think people did respond to police violence against peaceful protests.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.