- 1 1.1(team/crew)I don't know which one to pickto pick a winnerno sé cuál elegir or cuál escoger or con cuál quedarme(in racing)pronosticar el ganador(choose well)you really picked a winner with that new secretaryelegir or escoger biento pick one's wayla nueva secretaria fue una elección verdaderamente acertadaandar con mucho cuidadoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (provoke) Ver ejemplos: to pick a fight
- With such a distinguished cast to choose from, they picked the wrong man.
- There certainly are a number of candidates to choose from when picking the players most likely to come through in key situations.
- Also, maybe I was picking the wrong options in conversations but there was a lot that never got properly explained to me.
are you trying to pick a quarrel with me?buscar pelea¿quieres que discutamos?
- I waited for a break in the steady stream of visitors and set off, head down, picking my way slowly and carefully across.
- Without another word, the four strange and unlikely companions set off on foot, picking their way carefully through the field.
- They were picking their way slowly along the gravel of the stream bed.
- 2 he picked her a rosewe went raspberry pickingcortó or (especially Spain) cogió una rosa para ellafuimos a recoger or (especially Spain) a coger frambuesasOraciones de ejemplo
- It has a mild tranquillising effect, which you can experience by merely picking the flower buds and inhaling their scent.
- We would buy fresh fruit and pick fresh vegetables from a small garden in the back.
- There was a man outside cutting wood for fire and a woman picking vegetables and fruits from a garden.
- 3 3.1 (remove matter from) Ver ejemplos: to pick one's noseto pick one's teethmeterse el dedo en la narizhurgarse la narizdon't pick your spotsescarbarse los dientesthe vultures picked the bones cleanno te toques los granitos3.2 (steal from) Ver ejemplos: I had my pocket pickedlos buitres dejaron los huesos limpios3.3me robaron la billetera ( or las llaves etc) del bolsillo(open) (lock)abrir con una ganzúa ( or una horquilla etc)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I injured my index finger while picking my nose.
- And never lick your fingers, pick your teeth, or floss at the table.
- The most disgusting thing I encounter is waiters picking their noses or cutting their fingers.
- 4 (play) [colloquial](banjo/guitar)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Velvety vocals, sung with tenderly picked guitars and gently played piano occasionally accompanied by some harsh brass made this record.
- As we came to our first town, he suddenly started picking some demonically fast banjo.
- The first time I heard his exact guitar picking and gentle voice I was hooked; the sophistication and pop sensibility of his songs left me fuzzy-warm.
- 1.1 (be selective) Ver ejemplos: you can't (afford to) pick and choose1.2 (peck, take bits) Ver ejemplos: the hens were picking about in the yardno puedes (permitirte el lujo de) ser exigente or de andarte con remilgosthey were picking through the rubbishlas gallinas picoteaban en el patioestaban escarbando en la basura
- 1.1 (choice) (no plural) take your pickyou can take your pick of any dish on the menuelige or escoge el ( or los etc) que quierasyou have first pickpuedes elegir or escoger el plato que quieras del menú1.2 (best) Ver ejemplos: the pick of somethingelige or escoge tú primeroto be the pick of the bunchlo mejor de algoser el mejor de todosOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (tip)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The anchor man's propensity to select the correct pass at all times once more saw him stand out as the pick of City's trialists before his half-time substitution.
- His production of John Marston's 1603 tragi-comedy is not, for me, the pick of the bunch.
- In all honesty, he is probably the pick of a bad bunch.
- Mains include turbot in a langoustine and scallop sauce and monkfish kebabs, or take your pick from the hefty choice of daily specials.
- We were then invited to take our pick from a choice of starters.
- Meanwhile, if you want to ring the changes with sandwiches you make at home, then take your pick from this delicious recipe selection.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 they picked on me to go and tell her
- 1 2 2.1
- wash and pick over the lentils
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 1.1
- 1→ pickaxOraciones de ejemplo
- The newer combination entrenching tool added a pick, which helped break up hard soil.
- The head is welded directly to the shaft, so if the pick breaks, the tool is ruined.
- The raiders broke in the door of the post office at the corner in the village and tried to dislodge the safe using picks and chisels.
- 3 (plectrum)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He admitted this was only his fourth show without a backing band, which may account for him dropping his pick into the guitar midsong.
- Pat threw his drumsticks into the crowd, while Jay threw his guitar pick.
- He picks up a handful of guitar picks and heads for the checkout.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than