Traducción de piece en español:
- 1 1.1 (part of sth broken, torn, cut, divided) pedazo (masculine), trozo (masculine) a piece of bread un pedazo or un trozo de pan she ripped the letter into pieces rompió la carta en pedacitos, hizo trizas la carta a piece of land un terreno, una parcela to come o fall to pieces hacerse* pedazos she smashed the vase to pieces hizo añicos el jarrón he was blown to pieces by a mine una mina lo voló en pedazos the toy lay in pieces on the floor el juguete estaba en el suelo, hecho pedazos her life in pieces, she made up her mind to … con la vida deshecha or en ruinas, decidió … in one piece they got back in one piece volvieron sanos y salvos I dropped it, but it's still in one piece se me cayó, pero está intacto to be a piece of cake [colloquial/familiar] ser* pan comido or (in River Plate area also/en Río de la Plata también) un bollo [colloquial/familiar] to go to pieces (be very upset) quedar deshecho or destrozado (break down) perder* el control he went to pieces after his wife left him quedó deshecho or destrozado cuando la mujer lo dejó to pick up the pieces he gets himself into trouble and expects me to pick up the pieces se mete en líos y después pretende que yo le saque las castañas del fuego he's trying to pick up the pieces of his life está tratando de rehacer su vida to pull sth/sb to pieces destrozar* algo/a algn he pulled her essay to pieces le destrozó el trabajo, le criticó duramente el trabajoExample sentences1.2 (component) pieza (feminine), parte (feminine) he's taken the clock to pieces ha desarmado or desmontado el reloj it comes to pieces es desmontable we took the novel to pieces analizamos la novela parte por parte a three-piece suit un traje de tres piezas, un terno the pieces are starting to fall into place las cosas se están empezando a aclarar
- In a second the whole sword was broken in pieces and Kashiro's attack continued.
- Sections of main roads are completely broken to pieces.
- Then she took out a lump of sandalwood from the wall cupboard, washed it, broke it in pieces, dissolved it in water and cleaned her face and arms with the paste.
- The scribble is constructed from 229 separate pieces of steel, weighs 25 tonnes and has 72 twists.
- All of the pieces are cast or constructed in nonferrous metals, so that they resonate musically.
- Sometimes pieces of the construct will be inserted as well as, or instead of, the full construct.
- 2 (item) a piece of advice un consejo 500 pieces of artillery 500 piezas de artillería a piece of chewing gum un chicle a piece of clothing una prenda (de ropa) a piece of fruit una fruta, una pieza de fruta a piece of furniture un mueble a piece of jewelry una alhaja an absurd piece of legislation una norma ( or disposición etc) absurda that was a piece of luck! ¡qué suerte! how many pieces of luggage do they have? ¿cuántos bultos llevan? a piece of news una noticia a piece of paper un papel an excellent piece of work un trabajo excelente we sell the cutlery by the piece (British English/inglés británico) vendemos los cubiertos sueltos or por piezas of a piece they are all of a piece están todos cortados por el mismo patrón to be a nasty piece of work [colloquial/familiar] ser* una basura or [colloquial/familiar] una porquería to give sb a piece of one's mind cantarle las cuarenta or decirle* cuatro verdades a algn
- 3 3.1 [Music/Música] a piece (of music) una pieza (de música) 3.2 [Theater/Teatro] pieza (feminine) 3.3 [Journalism/Periodismo] artículo (masculine) 3.4 (of poetry) poema (masculine), poesía (feminine) to say one's piece dar* su ( or mi etc) opinión, opinar 3.5 [Art/Arte] pieza (feminine)Example sentences
- We're not trying to just write songs, we're trying to write musical pieces.
- His close friendships with women produced some of the best-known pieces of music ever written by any composer; but they did not secure him a wife.
- A child prodigy, he wrote his first piece of music at the age of five and completed his first symphony at the age of eight.
- 4 (coin) moneda (feminine), pieza (feminine) a 50 peso piece una moneda de 50 pesosExample sentences
- Is there any risk that the two euro coin will be mistaken for the Thai 10 baht piece, whose face value is eight times less?
- They also included a selection of threepenny bits, a 1916 halfpenny and a penny piece from 1921.
- Well, you have to admit it's slightly more plausible than upping the value of the penny piece to £1.
- 5 5.1 (in board games) ficha (feminine), pieza (feminine) 5.2 (in chess) figura (feminine)Example sentences
- Here, however, you will find more coverage of endgames with more pieces and pawns.
- This can be done by a pawn break or by a sacrifice involving pieces or pawns.
- Though the Queen is the strongest piece, it is vulnerable to attack by weaker enemy units.
- She was sat on her desk, moving some puzzles' pieces, trying to figure out something, maybe an image, or a letter.
- Knowing this, you can try and figure out which pieces are which simply by how they're being moved.
- It was an abstract race game called Tempo in which pieces were moved not by the roll of the dice, but by the playing of cards.
- 7 (distance) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] a piece un trecho that's a fair piece from here queda a un buen trecho de aquí, de aquí es un tirón (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]
- 8 [slang/argot] [pejorative/peyorativo] 8.1 (woman) tipa (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], tía (feminine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], mamacita (feminine) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], mina (feminine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) [slang/argot] 8.2 (sexual partner) (American English/inglés norteamericano) she's a terrific piece es muy buena en la cama [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Not every man knows his way around a shooting piece, but firearms are a manly art.
- It will be surrounded by a two metre-deep trench and have only one entrance, which will be protected by artillery pieces and machine gun posts.
- The cavalry turned in its horses for pack mules because mules could carry artillery pieces through rugged terrain.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.