noun plural pike
- (Zoology)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Being the main apex predator found in freshwaters, pike are not as common as other fish.
- There are herring and cod in the outer archipelago, but within casting range of land the fish are mostly fresh-water - perch, bream, pike, and zander.
- Paul contacted the Environment Agency and Yorkshire Water, which are now investigating the cause of the deaths of a number of fish including pike, eels and roach.
- The long-nosed garpike is common everywhere in shallow water.
- The department may designate certain waters in which a rubber or spring propelled spear may be used for the taking of carp, dogfish, garpike, and suckers.
- It can save you lots of time reeling in grass pike, and a pocket full of money on lost baits, if you invest in a couple weed less baits for your tackle box.
- (weapon) (History)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vast quantities of clothing, gunpowder, pikes, halberds, swords, and muskets poured out of the workshops of the metropolis.
- The invention and proliferation of the ring bayonet in the 1690s led to the disappearance of the pike as a standard infantry weapon.
- Dixira stopped abruptly, his nose inches from the wooden shafts of the pikes.
- also: turnpike(American English)to come down the pike [colloquial]acercarseOraciones de ejemplo
- The National Road becomes known as the National Pike, as some of the states erect toll houses to collect fees from those using the Pike.
- Maryland's Baltimore to Cumberland section of the Historic National Road was designated the Historic National Pike.
- Towns and cities along the pike began to spring up to provide comforts for weary travelers heading west. Modern travelers of the Historic National Pike will find communities proud of their vibrant heritage.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.