- 1.1 (column) pilar (m), columna (f) a pillar of smoke una columna de humo a pillar of salt [Bible/Biblia] una estatua de sal from pillar to post de la ceca a la MecaMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (exemplary member) pilar (m), baluarte (m) he is a pillar of the community es uno de los pilares or baluartes comunidad
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Every bungalow is supported on stone pillars, which permits us to maintain the natural terrain and vegetation.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
- They carve memorial pillars in wood and stone for their dead.
- The US considers it essential to maintain Morocco as a pillar of support in the Arab world.
- She learned Arabic and became a pillar of support in local communities, often helping the needy in the face of opposition during the dictator's regime.
- All those detained in the sweep were members of a family described as a pillar of support for the ousted regime, said the US Lieutenant Colonel.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an