- 1 1.1 (raised structure) plataforma (feminine); (for orator) estrado (masculine), tribuna (feminine); (for band) estrado (masculine) 1.2 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] andén (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (on bus) plataforma (feminine)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The camera fast tracks along a London train station platform as the passengers disembark and rush toward us.
- A family of drunken louts have been sent to jail for train hooliganism and fighting police on the platform of York Railway Station.
- They land on the platform of the railway station.
- A clumsy addition will detract from its appearance, but a modern glass extension at ground level or a viewing platform at the top could provide an exciting contrast to the stone facade and give you plenty of light.
- The climax of the journey is the viewing platform on the top level.
- You stand on the viewing platform and squint, trying to work out who the guy with the moustache and glasses is.
- 2 [Politics/Política] 2.1 (opportunity to air views) plataforma (feminine), tribuna (feminine) 2.2 (program) plataforma (feminine), programa (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I also say a big thank you to the people in the Labour Party who accepted this measure as a policy platform at the last election.
- The 1964 platform of the Republican Party did allow tax credits for those burdened by the costs of higher education.
- The Party platform and election policy are the items of faith upon which trade unions and their members commit to work for the election of Labor Governments.
- Under Russia's media laws it is prohibited to give terrorists a platform to voice their views.
- They also provide an employee with an opportunity to clear the air, express opinions about how their own expectations have or have not been met, and provide a platform for them to voice any grievances.
- This new programme will deal with topical issues and news stories of the day and provide a platform for listeners' views.
- 3 3.1 (on shoe) plataforma (feminine) 3.2platform (shoe) zapato (masculine) de plataforma, topolino (masculine) (Spain/España)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These leather sandals aren't platforms, but they look so glamorous that I couldn't resist mentioning them.
- And of course, it is only in the world of Miuccia that it's ok to wear stockings with sandal platforms and still look so elegant.
- ‘My name is Tzachi,’ he said with an accent as thick as his platforms.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] plataforma (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The days of multiple hardware platforms and operating systems working with multiple databases and software configurations within one enterprise are coming to a close.
- We plan to support more hardware platforms and operating systems.
- One aspect of using hardware platforms for enabling software is that it inevitably requires porting of existing software solutions onto the platform.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.