Traducción de pledge en español:
- 1 1.1 (promise)(support/funds)he pledged his wordto pledge somethingdio su palabra
tosomebodyhe pledged not to come back until he found herprometerle algo aalguienprometió no regresar hasta encontrarlaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (commit) Ver ejemplos:to pledge oneself to +
- In-coming President Sean Kelly has pledged that the tournament stays as long as the players want it.
- She pledged that, as promised on the doorsteps, during the canvass, she would now be going back to talk to people and would be listening to what they had to say.
- Concerns about the troubled construction and engineering firm have led campus chiefs to pledge that all students promised a room will still be housed in September.
- A total of US $100 million is already pledged to support the participation of poorer countries.
- To pledge you need the barcode from one of their promotional packs, but no purchase is necessary - you can simply write down the barcode when you're in the supermarket.
- So he was pledged financial income under commercial cover.
infinitiveshe is pledged to secrecycomprometerse a+ infinitiveha jurado que guardará el secretoha dado su palabra de que guardará el secretoOraciones de ejemplo
- The world will be just as dangerous the day after we have solemnly pledged to ignore its dangers.
- Not only have reform groups solemnly pledged to bring facts and common sense to the debate, they propose societal acceptance of expanded, legal use of drugs by adults.
- They originally pledged to continue action for two weeks but ultimately agreed to hold a meeting with Mr. Milloy which took place on Monday, November 15.
- 2 2.1 (offer as guarantee)they pledged their furniture to a moneylenderentregar en garantía or en prendaI'd be willing to pledge anything for his honestyentregaron los muebles como garantía a un prestamista2.2pondría las manos en el fuego por su honestidad(fraternity/sorority) (American English)aceptar ser miembro provisional deOraciones de ejemplo
- In England it is possible to pledge bearer securities by handing over the certificates themselves.
- Each called for the periodic restoration of land which had been pledged as security and forfeited for unpaid debt.
- When the land is pledged for a loan of Rs.500 the oral deal between Shamu's mother and the money lender Lala is that until the loan is paid, one fourth of the harvest will be paid to Lala towards interest.
noun→ Pledge of Allegiance
- 1 1.1 (promise) a solemn pledgeelection pledgeuna promesa solemnethe Pledge of Allegiance (in US)compromiso (masculine) electoralto honor o keep a pledge≈ la jura de (la) banderato make a pledge to +cumplir una promesacumplir con su ( or mi etc) palabra
infinitiveshe made a pledge to repay all the moneyprometer + infinitiveto sign o take the pledge (History) or [humorous]prometió devolver todo el dinero1.2 (of money)jurar no probar el alcoholcantidad (feminine) prometidadonativo (masculine) prometidoOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (in fraternity, sorority)
(American English) (estudiante que se va a convertir en miembro)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He had charitable pledges and estates fees totaling some $9 million, according to J.P. Morgan sources.
- So far the charity has received donations and pledges from the public amounting to around £9,200 but needs £50,000 to survive until the next financial year.
- A total of 402 households have responded through gifts or pledges and the total amount pledged represents more than twice the target figure of 96,170 euro.
- The solemn pledge taken included an oath swearing to quit the drug habit and to avoid association with former friends and others still involved with drugs.
- Now, both parties had made a solemn pledge never to do this.
- Under twinkling lights and shimmering tulle, 150 or so teens in Central Texas made a solemn pledge.
- 2 2.1 (token) as a pledge of his love2.2 (collateral) 2.3 (pawned object) to redeem a pledgecomo prenda de su amoren señal de su amordesempeñar una prendaOraciones de ejemplo
- The sense of the pledge as debt implied by both translations suggests that the vow or promise is predicated on a loss already inscribed in the speech act.
- The borrower retains ownership of the pledge except on default on the loan, and then the pawnbroker has the opportunity to sell those goods.
- In the table below, enter the information specific to your Pledge of Security and Loan Agreement.
Nota cultural: Pledge of Allegiance
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.