Traducción de pledge en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (promise) [support/funds] prometer he pledged his word dio su palabra to pledge sth
tosb prometerle algo aalgn he pledged not to come back until he found her prometió no regresar hasta encontrarlaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (commit) to pledge oneself to +
- In-coming President Sean Kelly has pledged that the tournament stays as long as the players want it.
- She pledged that, as promised on the doorsteps, during the canvass, she would now be going back to talk to people and would be listening to what they had to say.
- Concerns about the troubled construction and engineering firm have led campus chiefs to pledge that all students promised a room will still be housed in September.
- A total of US $100 million is already pledged to support the participation of poorer countries.
- To pledge you need the barcode from one of their promotional packs, but no purchase is necessary - you can simply write down the barcode when you're in the supermarket.
- So he was pledged financial income under commercial cover.
infinitive/infinitivocomprometerse a+ infinitive/infinitivoshe is pledged to secrecy ha jurado que guardará el secreto, ha dado su palabra de que guardará el secretoOraciones de ejemplo
- The world will be just as dangerous the day after we have solemnly pledged to ignore its dangers.
- Not only have reform groups solemnly pledged to bring facts and common sense to the debate, they propose societal acceptance of expanded, legal use of drugs by adults.
- They originally pledged to continue action for two weeks but ultimately agreed to hold a meeting with Mr. Milloy which took place on Monday, November 15.
- 2 2.1 (offer as guarantee) entregar* en garantía or en prenda they pledged their furniture to a moneylender entregaron los muebles como garantía a un prestamista I'd be willing to pledge anything for his honesty pondría las manos en el fuego por su honestidad 2.2 [fraternity/sorority] (American English/inglés norteamericano) aceptar ser miembro provisional deOraciones de ejemplo
- In England it is possible to pledge bearer securities by handing over the certificates themselves.
- Each called for the periodic restoration of land which had been pledged as security and forfeited for unpaid debt.
- When the land is pledged for a loan of Rs.500 the oral deal between Shamu's mother and the money lender Lala is that until the loan is paid, one fourth of the harvest will be paid to Lala towards interest.
noun/nombrePledge of Allegiance
- 1 1.1 (promise) promesa (feminine) a solemn pledge una promesa solemne election pledge compromiso (masculine) electoral the Pledge of Allegiance (in US) ≈ la jura de (la) bandera to honor o keep a pledge cumplir una promesa, cumplir con su ( or mi etc) palabra to make a pledge to +
infinitive/infinitivoprometer + infinitive/infinitivoshe made a pledge to repay all the money prometió devolver todo el dinero to sign o take the pledge [History/Historia] or [humorous/humorístico] jurar no probar el alcohol 1.2 (of money) cantidad (feminine) prometida, donativo (masculine) prometido 1.3 (in fraternity, sorority) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ estudiante que se va a convertir en miembro ]
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas