Traducción de plunge en español:
- 1 (immerse, thrust)to plunge something
intosomething(into liquid)she plunged the knife into his heart
sumergir or meter algo
enalgole hundió or le clavó el cuchillo en el corazónI plunged my hands deeper into my pocketsmetí bien las manos en los bolsillosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Take the tip of a large knife and quickly and firmly plunge the knife downwards through this cross.
- He got as close as he could before plunging his gloved hand quickly into the center of the smoking embers, and drawing out a long blackened object.
- With the warrior dazed, he quickly plunges his sword into his exposed chest.
- They first dunk the tissue in a simple solution of ethylene glycol and buffered saline, and then chill the samples by plunging them into liquid nitrogen.
- To cook the quail's eggs, drop the eggs into boiling water for three and a half minutes and then plunge them into iced water to halt the cooking process.
- Using rubber gloves, put nettles in two litres of salted boiling water for a second to remove the sting then plunge them into iced water.
- 2 (into state, condition) the street was plunged into darknessla calle quedó a oscuras or quedó sumida en la oscuridadthe news plunged him into the depths of depressionla noticia lo sumió en una fuerte depresiónthe nation was plunged into warla nación se vio precipitada a una guerrato plunge oneself into work/study/a causeentregarse al trabajo/al estudio/a una causa
- 1 (dive)(fall) caerhe plunged into the poolse zambulló en la piscinashe plunged 50ft to her deathcayó 50 pies y encontró la muertethe car plunged over the cliffel coche se precipitó por el acantiladoshe plunged into the New York social scenese metió de cabeza en el mundillo social neoyorquinoOraciones de ejemplo
- She dove, a beautiful swan dive, and plunged into the crystal clear, saltwater pool.
- I watched as two police divers plunged into the frigid East River and quickly collected the corpse.
- The dog jumped out of Gareth's arms and plunged into the canal where he made his way under a mooring jetty.
- 2 2.1 (slope downward steeply)(road/path)the neckline plunges at the back
descender bruscamenteel escote se acentúa en la espalda2.2 (drop)(price/output/popularity)
caer en picada or (Spain) en picado
irse a piqueOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Florida, some brave passengers saved their bus from plunging almost 200 feet into the water.
- Children and adults alike were screaming as we were thrown around the sharp corners and plunged down the deep falls.
- The aircraft made several circles before suddenly plunging into the sea with its lights out.
- The news resulted in their share value plunging 50%.
- The transfer market is plunging in value, wages are being depressed and more and more footballers are finding themselves unemployed.
- The value of those properties plunged 64.6 per cent to HK $4.61 billion.
- 3 (pitch)(ship)
corcovearOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This meant climbing to the top of the 80 ft mast in a safety harness, with the yacht plunging in gusts of wind and a choppy sea, and holding on for dear life for five hours while she attached a spare halyard.
- Cresting over the back of a wave, the boat plunges into a trough and rides up the back of another swell, crashing through into another trough.
- It proved necessary to row ashore in a small dinghy, plunging through the hot spray past a Turkish battleship that had been moored for so long that the coral had grown up around it, immobilising it forever.
- After a time, Monseigneur hears a loud cry, and the horses rear and plunge.
- Pierce's horse, Arinex, was tied even more tightly, his head high as he reared and plunged, trying to get free.
- With a wild neigh, Andaril reared and plunged through the circle of guards and archers, their arrows useless.
- 1 (in water) to take the plunge(take a risk) arriesgarse
jugarse el todo por el todo(get married) casarse
dar el pasoOraciones de ejemplo
- Windy, cool and empty, its vast spaces were as refreshing as a plunge into cold water.
- The rough footpath passes dangerously close to the edge of some of these gorges, and a slip on the muddy trail could well mean a headlong plunge into the boiling waters below.
- An optional after-dinner extra is a lounge in the sauna followed by a quick plunge in the icy water of the lake.
- 3(of price, value) caída (feminine)(of temperature) descenso (masculine)shares took a plungelas acciones se fueron a pique or cayeron en picada or (Spain) en picadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Given the plunge in the value of Wolfson after its profits warning, that looks like a courageous statement.
- The high borrowings that led to plunges in the value of many trusts are now working to their advantage with the return of confidence to the stock market in recent months.
- Of particular concern has been the plunge in the value of insurance companies on solvency worries.
- 4 (of neckline)escote (masculine) (profundo)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda