Traducción de popular en español:
- 1 1.1 (well-liked) Ver ejemplos: he's not very popular around herehe's a very popular politician among the youngpor aquí no le tienen mucha simpatíapor aquí no tiene muchos amigosto be populares un político muy popular entre los jóvenes
withsomebodyshe is popular with her studentshe's very popular with the girlsgoza de popularidad entre sus alumnosI'm not very popular with her at the moment [colloquial]tiene mucho éxito con las chicas1.2 (frequently used)últimamente no soy santo de su devoción [colloquial](resort/restaurant)a list of the most popular namesmuy frecuentadothe most popular reason cited by respondentsuna lista de los nombres más comunesla respuesta más frecuente entre los encuestadosOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (cheap)
(line)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a cross between netball and football, and is popular with Norwegian girls in this country.
- I was awkward around girls, albeit very popular with them because I could make them laugh.
- Mardar is a motorcycle courier, popular with the girls for his brooding good looks.
- We have at least established that contrary to popular belief, Yanks do have a sense of humour.
- There is a popular belief that property is a better investment than shares.
- In modern drama there is no such thing as the rational counter to wildfire popular beliefs.
- 2 2.1 (not highbrow, specialist)(music/literature)the film was a great popular successthe popular pressla película tuvo mucho éxito entre el gran público2.2 (of populace)la prensa popular(feeling/resentment)(rebellion)the popular votedel puebloby popular demand/requestel voto popular2.3 (widespread)a petición or (in Latin America also) a pedido del público(belief/notion)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The salient reality was the depth of popular antipathy to the political establishment as a whole.
- I fear that you are the victim of a political party struggling to find popular appeal.
- The election was held without any great popular enthusiasm for any politician.
- Moreover, no popular bestseller has been written or translated on this issue.
- I wonder if this approach is so popular because of intellectual laziness as much as anything else?
- Not that Home has much hope of appealing to popular taste stuck away on BBC Four, of course.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.