Traducción de power en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (control, influence) the power of the churchsea power made us greatel poder de la iglesiareal power lies with the militaryel dominio del mar or nuestro poderío marítimo nos hizo grandesyou are in my poweren realidad son los militares los que detentan el poderpower to the peopleestás or te tengo en mi poderpeople powerpoder para el pueblopowerpoder popular
oversomebody/somethingpoder sobrealguien/algo(before noun) (center)de poderOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (over country, nation) to be in power
- We have the power to influence events if only we are prepared to use it.
- You have power, prestige and influence and can dictate your terms in professional matters.
- It is a role of no power, no influence, with no glamour or credit.
balance of powerestar en or ocupar el poderto seize powerequilibrio (masculine) de fuerzasto come to powerhacerse con el poderllegar or subir al poderOraciones de ejemplo1.3 uncountable and countable (official authority) power to +
- The world heroine had rendered her causes morally imperative and essential to national military power.
- Yes, in conventional terms, the greater military power would win out, but not in guerilla warfare.
- His greatest strength was recognising the limitations of military power.
- But that was a revolution which brought the capitalist class to political power.
- The parliament that emerged from this vote has been as yet unable to form a government and exercises no power.
- They don't have the economic and social power of government and media figures, that's for sure.
infinitivethey have no power to intervenepoder para+ infinitivespecial powersno tienen poder para intervenirpower of veto to exceed one's powerspoderes extraordinariosthey were given full powers to …excederse en sus ( or mis etc) poderes or atribucionesit's beyond his powersles dieron plenos poderes para …no es de su competenciaOraciones de ejemplo
- The Tribunal has no power to delegate to any other body the performance of the duties laid on it by the Act.
- This ground of challenge may be used where the claimant alleges that there has been an unlawful delegation of power.
- There has also been a history of judicial reticence when a power is delegated to an elected public body.
- 2 countable 2.1 (nation) a major industrial/naval powera foreign poweruna potencia industrial/naval de primer orden2.2 (person, group) Ver ejemplos: he's a power to be reckoned withuna potencia extranjerathe power behind the thronees una fuerza con la que hay que contarthe powers that bela eminencia gristhe powers of darknesslos que mandanlos que detentan el poderlas fuerzas del malOraciones de ejemplo
- The Industrial Revolution ensured military supremacy of the Western powers, whose colonial influence affected most of the Muslim world.
- After a long trend of consolidation by colonial powers, new countries are declaring their independence.
- In addition a murky role is being played by certain neighbouring countries and international powers.
- 3 uncountable 3.1 (physical strength, force) more power to your elbow [colloquial]3.2 (of wind, sun)¡bien hecho!(of drug, chemical)(of engine, loudspeaker, transmitter, telescope)we have doubled our processing powerhemos duplicado nuestra capacidad de procesamientoOraciones de ejemplo3.3 (of tradition, love)
(of argument)lo poderoso or convincenteOraciones de ejemplo
- Once again we tried to lift off with engines roaring at full power, but no cigar.
- This should be less of a problem at Monaco, where no cars use their full engine power.
- With a brisk performance, this engine had plenty of power at the high end.
- We think power is physical muscle power and we try harder to overpower and dominate others.
- Their stand-out attribute for me is the physical strength and power of the players.
- Yet by their physical power, they can impose their will without regard to the law.
- 4 4.1 uncountable (ability, capacity) Ver ejemplos: I did everything in my powerit doesn't lie within my powerhice todo lo que estaba en mi(s) mano(s)hice todo lo que me era posiblethat's beyond my powerno está en mi(s) mano(s)she has the power to see into the futureeso está fuera de mis posibilidades4.2 (specific faculty) (often plural) he lost the power of sight/hearing/speeches capaz de predecir el futuropower(s) of concentrationperdió la vista/el oído/el hablaher power(s) of persuasioncapacidad (feminine) or poder (masculine) de concentracióntest your mental powerssu(s) poder(es) de persuasiónher creative/imaginative power(s)pon a prueba tu inteligencia or tus facultades mentaleshe was at the height of his power(s)su capacidad creativa/imaginativaestaba en su mejor momento or en la plenitud de sus facultadesOraciones de ejemplo
- The powers of technology harnessed with the power of the human mind fused into one supreme being capable of the impossible.
- He preached a simple, effective message of a common humanity and the power of love.
- I can use any number of tools, from the powers of composition and imagination to the power of a computer, to make an image be what I want it to be.
- 5 uncountable 5.1 (Mech, Physics)(particular source of energy)the engine lacks powernuclear/wave/solar poweral motor le falta potencia(before noun) power brakesenergía nuclear/mareomotriz/solarpower sawservofrenos (masculine plural)(electrical)5.2 (electricity) to turn the power on/offpower grid (especially British English)conectar/cortar la electricidadpower workers (British English)red (feminine) eléctricatrabajadores (masculine plural) del sector eléctricoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Wind power uses the kinetic energy from the wind to turn an electricity-generating turbine.
- The server has two separate power supplies and two power cables in case one fails or falls out.
- They are also actively involved in smuggling and looting high-voltage power cables.
- Spectral analysis provides a measure of power in the different frequency bands in the EEG.
- There are two 1.5 watt speakers built in and the unit draws a paltry 20 watts of power.
- It likes to trumpet its all out speed while ignoring the 130 watts of power and size of the beast.
- 6 uncountable (Mathematics) 10 to the power of 4/of 310 (elevado) a la cuarta potencia/al cuboOraciones de ejemplo
- In 1915 Macaulay discovered the primary decomposition of an ideal in a polynomial ring, which is the analogue of the decomposition of a number into a product of prime powers.
- We can use arithmetics with different bases, fractions, decimals, logarithms, powers, or simply words.
- Hensel was interested in the exact power of a prime which divides the discriminant of an algebraic number field.
- 7 (a lot) [colloquial]to do somebody a power of goodyour visit's done him a power of goodhacerle a alguien mucho bientu visita le ha hecho mucho bienOraciones de ejemplo
- There's a power of difference between a monologue and a one-man show.
- There's a power of men been killed in this Hispaniola a sight o' poor seamen dead and gone since you and me took ship to Bristol.
- To be sure there's a power of money made here.
- the plane is powered by four enginesit's powered by electricityel avión tiene cuatro motoresel avión está propulsado por cuatro motoressteam-poweredfunciona con electricidades eléctriconuclear-powered submarinea or de vaporsubmarino (masculine) nuclearOraciones de ejemplo
- A particular growth area for the company continues to be the production of seal rings for turbo chargers in diesel powered engines.
- Chips are cut out of wafers, and are used to power electronics devices such as cell phones.
- ‘In fact the school pays for the electricity that powers the machines, with no return,’ she adds.
- (move rapidly) [colloquial] (+ adverb complement) we were powering along the highwayíbamos disparados por la carretera [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Crawford was slow out of his blocks but powered round the bend to lead Williams by a fraction as they entered the final 100m.
- Thrashing my way along, this guy powered past me, turbulence all round, power-boat wake.
- The Texan was the world's one-lap maestro and looks as relaxed in the studio as he was powering round the track.
- Locke powered the ball into the line, while Devine used his speed to run the ball to the outside.
- Ramos bravely powered the ball goalwards with a header only for Stekelenburg to palm away to safety.
- Northampton then could only clear a MacKenzie free kick as far as Corden who powered a low shot through a forest of legs and into Rachubka's midriff.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the