- [investigation/remarks/measures] preliminar the preliminary rounds [Sport] la etapa de clasificación previa, las or los preliminares (AmL)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are several very important reasons for this preliminary arm action.
- The news comes as the inquiry prepares to hold two preliminary meetings in York next month to discuss the format and conduct of the hearings.
- The company has agreed to prepare preliminary proposals based on feedback received at the workshop and exhibition.
n (pl -ries)
- prolegómeno (m) let's dispense with the preliminaries and get straight down to business omitamos los prolegómenos or preámbulos y vayamos al grano the preliminaries went on far too long los prolegómenos se alargaron demasiado it was the preliminary to the rationalization of the industry fue el preludio de la racionalización de la industriaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The preliminaries were polite, but from the outset it was clear that both men were in Braehead to put on a show.
- To return to your Honour the Chief Justice, the idea is that these preliminaries to business will be completed.
- When two minds are focused on a problem, and look at the problem with similar prejudices of what is correct and what is not, conversations need no preliminaries.