- 1 (triumph) [justice/common sense] prevalecer*, imponerse*; [enemy] imponerse* to prevail
over/ againstsb/sth prevalecer* sobrealgn/algoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Your nation endured the blitz to prevail over an implacable foe.
- What is to be gained by letting egos prevail over common sense?
- Rapoport presents this method as a means to help one to prevail over an opponent in an argument.
- 2 (predominate) [sunshine/winds] predominar; [attitude/pessimism] preponderar, predominar, reinar; [situation] reinar, imperarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But they warned that if no rain falls within the next two months, a crisis might prevail in the area.
- The family home we stayed in was small, basic, clean and with a very friendly atmosphere prevailing.
- Cuba will make every effort to preserve the atmosphere of détente and mutual respect that has prevailed in that area in the past few years.
Verbos con partícula
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.