Traducción de prisoner en español:
- 1.1 (captive) prisionero, (masculine, feminine) he is a prisoner in his own house no se puede mover de casa he is a prisoner of his own ideology es prisionero de sus ideas he was held prisoner (by enemy forces) lo tuvieron prisionero (by kidnappers) lo tuvieron secuestrado to take sb prisoner tomar or (especially Spain/especialmente España) coger* a algn prisionero to take prisoners hacer* prisioneros to take no prisoners ejecutar a todos los cautivosOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in jail) preso, (masculine, feminine), recluso, (masculine, feminine) a prisoner of conscience un preso de conciencia 1.3 (person arrested) detenido, (masculine, feminine) 1.4 (accused) reo (masculine and feminine), acusado, (masculine, feminine)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After conquering Troy, you will need to rescue some villagers that have been taken prisoner by an unknown enemy.
- He had allowed his dear friend, his sister in Christ, to be taken prisoner by their enemies.
- Taken prisoner, he was jailed and as a POW served time in Wakefield and Frongoch prisons.
- A third of all inmates are remand prisoners who are awaiting trial or sentencing.
- Certainly, the cost to society of convicted prisoners who commit further crimes as soon as they are released is a high one.
- The cells are used to hold prisoners awaiting trial, or following conviction, pending transfer to a main prison.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas