Traducción de prisoner en español:
- 1.1 (captive) prisionero, (masculine, feminine) he is a prisoner in his own house no se puede mover de casa he is a prisoner of his own ideology es prisionero de sus ideas he was held prisoner (by enemy forces) lo tuvieron prisionero (by kidnappers) lo tuvieron secuestrado to take sb prisoner tomar or (especially Spain/especialmente España) coger* a algn prisionero to take prisoners hacer* prisioneros to take no prisoners ejecutar a todos los cautivosExample sentences1.2 (in jail) preso, (masculine, feminine), recluso, (masculine, feminine) a prisoner of conscience un preso de conciencia 1.3 (person arrested) detenido, (masculine, feminine) 1.4 (accused) reo (masculine and feminine), acusado, (masculine, feminine)
- After conquering Troy, you will need to rescue some villagers that have been taken prisoner by an unknown enemy.
- He had allowed his dear friend, his sister in Christ, to be taken prisoner by their enemies.
- Taken prisoner, he was jailed and as a POW served time in Wakefield and Frongoch prisons.
- A third of all inmates are remand prisoners who are awaiting trial or sentencing.
- Certainly, the cost to society of convicted prisoners who commit further crimes as soon as they are released is a high one.
- The cells are used to hold prisoners awaiting trial, or following conviction, pending transfer to a main prison.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an