Traducción de prisoner en español:
- 1 (captive)prisionero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)he is a prisoner in his own houseno se puede mover de casahe is a prisoner of his own ideologyes prisionero de sus ideashe was held prisoner(by enemy forces) lo tuvieron prisionero(by kidnappers) lo tuvieron secuestradoto take somebody prisonertomar or (esp Spain) coger a alguien prisioneroto take prisonershacer prisionerosto take no prisonersejecutar a todos los cautivosOraciones de ejemplo
- After conquering Troy, you will need to rescue some villagers that have been taken prisoner by an unknown enemy.
- He had allowed his dear friend, his sister in Christ, to be taken prisoner by their enemies.
- Taken prisoner, he was jailed and as a POW served time in Wakefield and Frongoch prisons.
- 2 (in jail)preso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)a prisoner of conscience
recluso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)un preso de concienciaOraciones de ejemplo
- A third of all inmates are remand prisoners who are awaiting trial or sentencing.
- Certainly, the cost to society of convicted prisoners who commit further crimes as soon as they are released is a high one.
- The cells are used to hold prisoners awaiting trial, or following conviction, pending transfer to a main prison.
- 4 (accused)reo (masculine or feminine)
acusado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda