Traducción de prisoner en español:
- 1.1(captive)he is a prisoner in his own houseprisionero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)he is a prisoner of his own ideologyno se puede mover de casahe was held prisoneres prisionero de sus ideas(by enemy forces)lo tuvieron prisionero(by kidnappers)to take somebody prisonerlo tuvieron secuestradoto take prisonerstomar or (especially Spain) coger a alguien prisioneroto take no prisonershacer prisionerosejecutar a todos los cautivosOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(in jail)a prisoner of consciencepreso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)recluso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)1.3un preso de conciencia(person arrested)1.4detenido, (-da) (masculine, feminine)(accused)acusado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- After conquering Troy, you will need to rescue some villagers that have been taken prisoner by an unknown enemy.
- He had allowed his dear friend, his sister in Christ, to be taken prisoner by their enemies.
- Taken prisoner, he was jailed and as a POW served time in Wakefield and Frongoch prisons.
- A third of all inmates are remand prisoners who are awaiting trial or sentencing.
- Certainly, the cost to society of convicted prisoners who commit further crimes as soon as they are released is a high one.
- The cells are used to hold prisoners awaiting trial, or following conviction, pending transfer to a main prison.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.