- 1 1.1 (in private) en privado can I speak to you privately? ¿puedo hablar contigo en privado or a solas? the interview was held privately la entrevista se celebró en privado or a puertas cerradasMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (not publically) privately held views opiniones (feminine plural) personales they agree privately that inflation … extraoficialmente admiten que la inflación … she didn't show it, but, privately, she was very disappointed no lo demostró pero, en su fuero interno, se sintió muy decepcionada
- People may speak privately to a nurse or get cancer information which is free of charge.
- But they have already accepted that schools and hospitals are being privately financed.
- Logan positioned himself behind Rob so he could speak to him privately.
- 2 2.1 (not by state or large concern) privately educated educado en colegio privado or particular she had the operation done privately (British English/inglés británico) la operaron en una clínica privada this land is privately owned esta tierra es de particulares the book was published privately by the author el autor financió personalmente la publicación del libro 2.2 (by private arrangement) to sell sth privately vender algo personalmente or sin intermediarios she also teaches privately también da clases particulares
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.