Traducción de profligate en español:
- 1.1 (extravagant) a profligate misuse of the country's resourcesun despilfarro de los recursos del paísOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (immoral) [formal]
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unfortunately, the extent of the downswing will be proportional to boom-time excesses, and the profligate consumer sector will be forced to retrench.
- Dismissing conservation as a low priority is dangerous in that it will encourage a profligate use of natural resources and a lack of concern about the current human destruction of the Earth.
- Manifestly, America's bubble economy of the late 1990s had its center in the most profligate consumer borrowing and spending binge in history.
- The recent support for the party of Pim Fortuyn in the Netherlands has failed to quell the spirit of profligate immorality endemic to that country.
- In Northern Europe, they'll deny you a discharge if they think you ran up the original debt in a profligate or immoral fashion.
- 1.1 (immoral person)libertino, (-na) (masculine, feminine)1.2 (spendthrift)derrochador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
despilfarrador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was believed Germans were afraid of pooling their successful monetary sovereignty with putative profligates such as, perhaps, Italy.
- The profligates that biologists call stem cells have their own secret for staying young: run away and hide in a place far from the machinations of transcription factors with an eye on your genes.
- White, blue, purple, and scarlet were the colors of the gods, priests, profligates, saints and monarchs, either in combination or singularly.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda