- 1 (holding up roof etc) she was his prop in times of crisisella era su apoyo or sostén en momentos de crisisOraciones de ejemplo
- I've still got the props up supporting the house.
- The entire structure is supported with conventional props and crossbeams.
- Creating an intense heat and light that at once attracts and repels, the hand leans backwards, resting on a prop not unlike the beams used to construct roofs of houses.
- 2 (in rugby)Oraciones de ejemplo
- You can set your clock by the substitution of the tight-head prop forward.
- Al Baxter returns as the starting tighthead prop, pushing Matt Dunning back to the bench.
- Tighthead prop Eddie Andrews was another man who grew in stature as the match wore on.
- 3 (Aviation) [slang]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The engine went to Sam Thompson, the prop to California Propeller and parts to other contractors.
- In a turboprop aircraft, putting the props in the beta position creates an extraordinary speed brake.
- Most of the aircraft have no logbooks, have run-out engines and props, and need a lot of work.
transitive verb -pp-
- to prop something
againstsomethingit was propped against the wallapoyar algo enor contraalgothe door was propped open with a brickestaba apoyado en or contra la paredun ladrillo mantenía la puerta abiertaOraciones de ejemplo
- He leaned back on one foot and propped his bayonet against the wall.
- Vice propped his bass on the stand and sprinted to the house next door.
- She propped the note on the night stand next to Russell's side of the mattress and returned to the door to gaze out.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 (support) 1.2 (lean) he was propped up in bed
- (Cinema, Theater)he uses his hat as a comic propobjeto (masculine) de utilería or (Spain) (Mexico) del attrezzoshe's in charge of propsse vale del sombrero como elemento cómico(before noun) prop oprops departmentestá a cargo de la utilería or (Spain) (Mexico) del attrezzoutilería (feminine) or (Spain) (Mexico) attrezzo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The pair's ambition is to make their living producing scenery, costumes and props for museums, theatres, themed bars, film and television.
- It involved actors and local children who had attended workshops beforehand to produce props and costumes.
- Anita's visual interpretation using excellent lights, costumes and props makes this production an enriching experience.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than