Traducción de provoke en español:
- 1(person/animal)she is easily provokedto provoke somebodysalta a la menor provocación or por cualquier cosa
into -ingthey provoked him into losing his temperI was provoked into hitting himle hicieron perder los estriboslo provocaron y perdió los estribosto provoke somebody to action/retaliationtanto me provocó, que le peguéincitar or empujar a alguien a actuar/vengarseOraciones de ejemplo
- The warning about conduct was meant to stop people deliberately provoking him.
- He could see tears in her eyes, and it made him angry that Jeff was provoking her.
- Nathan was looking at her with a wild expression, the kind he got whenever she had deliberately provoked him.
- 2(argument/revolt/criticism)(discussion/debate)(interest/curiosity)to provoke thoughthis best jokes could not provoke a smile from herhacer pensar or reflexionarni con el mejor de sus chistes logró arrancarle una sonrisaOraciones de ejemplo
- Deconstructionism is one of the words that provokes a strong reaction from both sides.
- The Sri Lankan army, which has inflicted widespread damage and constantly harasses local residents, recently killed several local youth, provoking angry protests.
- In fact the commission's analysis of the state of British convergence with the eurozone was very mild, extremely careful and deliberately designed to avoid provoking a bust-up.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.