Traducción de provoke en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [person/animal] provocar* she is easily provoked salta a la menor provocación or por cualquier cosato provoke sb
into -ingthey provoked him into losing his temper le hicieron perder los estribos, lo provocaron y perdió los estribos I was provoked into hitting him tanto me provocó, que le pegué to provoke sb to action/retaliation incitar or empujar a algn a actuar/vengarseExample sentences
- The warning about conduct was meant to stop people deliberately provoking him.
- He could see tears in her eyes, and it made him angry that Jeff was provoking her.
- Nathan was looking at her with a wild expression, the kind he got whenever she had deliberately provoked him.
- 2 [argument/revolt/criticism] provocar*; [discussion/debate] motivar; [interest/curiosity] despertar* to provoke thought dar* que pensar, hacer* pensar or reflexionar his best jokes could not provoke a smile from her ni con el mejor de sus chistes logró arrancarle una sonrisaExample sentences
- Deconstructionism is one of the words that provokes a strong reaction from both sides.
- The Sri Lankan army, which has inflicted widespread damage and constantly harasses local residents, recently killed several local youth, provoking angry protests.
- In fact the commission's analysis of the state of British convergence with the eurozone was very mild, extremely careful and deliberately designed to avoid provoking a bust-up.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.