Traducción de quarter en español:
- 1 countable 1.1 (fourth part)to divide something into quarterscuarta parte (feminine)a quarter of a mile/centurydividir algo en cuatro partesa quarter of (a pound of) hamun cuarto de milla/sigloan inch and a quarterun cuarto de libra de jamónfour and a o one quarter gallonsuna pulgada y cuartaI'll do it in a quarter of the timecuatro galones y cuartolo haré en una or la cuarta parte del tiempoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (as adverb) it's a quarter full
I'm a quarter Frenchqueda un cuartotengo una cuarta parte de sangre francesa
- The simple drawing represents a stage divided into four quarters.
- The Commonwealth Bank owns four and a quarter percent of Woodside, that's $385 million worth of shares.
- The iliac crest is divided into four quarters, and the excursion or stage of maturity is designated as the amount of progression.
- 2 countable 2.1 (US, Canadian coin)2.2 (of moon) in its first/last quartermoneda (feminine) de 25 centavosen cuarto creciente/menguanteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- About a week after new moon, the moon reaches first quarter and appears high in the southern sky at sunset.
- In the second quarter the gravitational pull is less, but the moonlight is strong, creating strong leaf growth.
- The external stimulus provides the impetus to move forth from the inspirational quarter of the lunar cycle into the action quarter.
- He dropped sixty-one cents (two quarters, a dime, and a penny) into the cup by the one-legged Vietnam vet.
- She began digging through her cracked plastic coin purse, slapping quarters and dimes on the counter.
- Collect enough nickels and dimes and quarters and dollars, and you can make billions.
- 3 countable 3.1 (in telling time) a quarter of an hour an hour and a quarterit's a quarter of o (British English) to oneuna hora y cuartoa quarter after o (British English) past one at (a) quarter after o (British English) pastes la una menos cuarto or (Latin America) un cuarto para la una3.2 (three months) to pay by the quartera las y cuartopagar trimestralmente or por trimestresOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Woolies reveals its sales figures later this month for the fourth quarter and the financial year and annual earnings on August 23.
- Priest urged investors to keep in mind that the restatements will not have an adverse impact on earnings in the latest quarter or on future financial results.
- It then restated its fourth quarter financial results in February, sparking a number of class action lawsuits.
- Around quarter to ten, fifteen minutes before the ball began and I was to make my grand entrance, the servants finally allowed me a glance in the mirror.
- It's a quarter past ten AM, fifteen minutes after opening, when the two men rush through the door wearing ski masks.
- You'd tell them, ‘Okay, we are on the bus at six tomorrow morning’, but we wouldn't be able to leave until a quarter to seven.
- 4 countable 4.1 (district of town) 4.2 (area) in all quarters of the earth/globefrom every quarteren todos los rincones de la tierra/del globoas is believed in some quartersde todas partes or todos ladosat close quarters he seemed much older at close quarterscomo se cree en ciertos ámbitos or círculosde cerca parecía mucho mayorOraciones de ejemplo
- The city has a medieval quarter, great pubs, and an annual opera festival of international importance.
- A new bridge will provide a pedestrian and cycle link from the old town museum quarter and city centre shops.
- Built on the River Tagus, the medieval quarters of the city are characterised by small houses and narrow streets.
- 5 countable (Nautical) 5.1 (direction of wind) 5.2 (of ship) on the port/starboard quarterpor la aleta de babor/estriborOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Heinkel bombers from Crete flew to the merchant anchorages at the mouth of the Gulf of Suez and dropped a single bomb on her starboard quarter, ripping a huge vertical gash in her side.
- We beat the Navy on that in the sense that we saw cruise missile flashes from a guided missile cruiser off to our starboard quarter in the distance at night.
- True to his promise, the eagle rays are gently flapping and wheeling in the current off the starboard quarter, frustratingly staying just too far away to photograph.
- The weather was perfect, the course firm and the wind blowing from the quarter best suited to setting golfers the fiercest possible test on the inward nine holes.
- It makes us think of things that happened when the sky was just so; when the wind blew from the same quarter and when the sun hit the side of the house just like now.
- 6also: quarters plural(accommodation) Ver ejemplos: the servants' quarterswinter quarters (Military)las dependencias de serviciolas habitaciones de la servidumbremarried quarter (Military)cuartel (masculine) de inviernoviviendas (feminine plural) para familias
- 7 uncountable (mercy) [literary]no quarter was asked and none givenhe showed o gave the defeated enemy no quarterfue una guerra sin cuartelno tuvo clemencia para con los vencidosOraciones de ejemplo
- They learned to take no prisoners in fighting a skilled and fanatical enemy who gave no quarter and expected none.
- Aeron took no prisoners and gave no quarter - his enemies perished at his blade.
- Paolo Di Canio, meanwhile, gave no quarter, tackling ferociously, harrying opponents and delivering a fierce long-range drive just over the bar.
transitive verb (often passive)
- 1 (divide)(carcass/body)(apple)to be hung, drawn and quartereddividir en cuatro partesser ahorcado, destripado y descuartizadoOraciones de ejemplo
- I crept into the kitchen where I buttered a slice of bread, peeled and quartered a pear, and cut a wedge of decadent Irish cheese.
- Place 2 peeled quartered onions in 1 tbsp oil with 1 tsp butter, 1 tbsp small sage leaves and 1 tsp lemon zest.
- In bottom of a deep roasting pan, place two quartered onions, four celery stalks, the carrots, bay leaves and white wine.
- 2 (lodge) (Military)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I was further shocked to find nine other boys quartered there.
- Two companies of auxiliaries were stationed in the capital: F Company was quartered in Dublin Castle; and the Division's Depot Company was at Beggars Bush Barracks, in Ballybough.
- In the relief camp, the women were quartered separately.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.