noun plural quid
- (pound) (British English) [colloquial] three quid eachtres libras cada unoto be quids insacar gananciaOraciones de ejemplo
- I was twenty four at the time, and I hadn't yet paid back a single penny of the three thousand quid he lent me to buy my first car.
- You pay forty quid a month to watch advertising you also pay for.
- The lodger has moved out, leaving me three hundred quid a month short.
- (lump) he was chewing on a quid of tobaccoestaba mascando tabacoquids of tobaccoOraciones de ejemplo
- Aagaard recorded that some of the crewmen traded fossils for tobacco, quoting them as saying, ‘What were fossils good for when you had Navy cut and juicy quids?’
- I rehydrated the dried leaves and rolled up three quids.
- Almost all habitual chewers use tobacco with or without the betel quid.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda