n (pl quid)
- 1 (pound) (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], libra (f) three quid each tres libras cada uno to be quids in sacar* gananciaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I was twenty four at the time, and I hadn't yet paid back a single penny of the three thousand quid he lent me to buy my first car.
- You pay forty quid a month to watch advertising you also pay for.
- The lodger has moved out, leaving me three hundred quid a month short.
- 2 (lump) he was chewing on a quid of tobacco estaba mascando tabaco quids of tobacco tabaco (m) de mascarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Aagaard recorded that some of the crewmen traded fossils for tobacco, quoting them as saying, ‘What were fossils good for when you had Navy cut and juicy quids?’
- I rehydrated the dried leaves and rolled up three quids.
- Almost all habitual chewers use tobacco with or without the betel quid.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.