adj (rarer /ˈrerər; ˈreərə(r)/, rarest /ˈrerəst; ˈreərɪst/)
- 1 1.1 (uncommon) raro, poco común the bird is a rare sight in this country el ave rara vez se ve en este país with a few rare exceptions salvo raras excepciones it is rare for this to happen during the summer es raro que esto suceda durante el verano one of her rare television appearances una de sus poco frecuentes actuaciones en televisiónMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (unusually good) [literario/literary] [talent/beauty] excepcional, singular
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (fine, uncommon) (esp BrE) [colloquial/familiar] we had a rare (old) time at the party lo pasamos bomba en la fiesta [familiar/colloquial]
- The best that most of us can do is to live with it, enjoy it and be thankful it is such a rare event.
- She was diagnosed with a rare condition that inflamed her liver at just six weeks old.
- The condition is so rare it only affects a handful of women in the world each year.
- For the rare or unusual gift, a trip round the antique or second-hand shops and a little imagination is all you need.
- Artistically, it is a rare and precious gem that demands careful examination.
- To be able to take a stand like he did is rare and precious thing in politics.
- 2 2.1 (rarefied) [atmosphere] enrarecido 2.2 [Culin] [steak] vuelta y vuelta, poco hecho (Esp) , a la inglesa (Méx)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To them, it tastes as good as medium rare steak.
- This was sent back to the kitchen as the rare steak was overcooked and the sauce was burnt.
- The spicy beef was rare and served with green mango and coriander, but lacked any real zing.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.