- 1 1.1 (uncommon)the bird is a rare sight in this countrypoco comúnwith a few rare exceptions it is rare for this to happen during the summerel ave rara vez se ve en este paísone of her rare television appearanceses raro que esto suceda durante el veranouna de sus poco frecuentes actuaciones en televisiónOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (unusually good) [literary]
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (fine, uncommon) (especially British English) [colloquial]we had a rare (old) time at the party
- The best that most of us can do is to live with it, enjoy it and be thankful it is such a rare event.
- She was diagnosed with a rare condition that inflamed her liver at just six weeks old.
- The condition is so rare it only affects a handful of women in the world each year.
lo pasamos bomba en la fiesta [colloquial]
- For the rare or unusual gift, a trip round the antique or second-hand shops and a little imagination is all you need.
- Artistically, it is a rare and precious gem that demands careful examination.
- To be able to take a stand like he did is rare and precious thing in politics.
- (Cookery)(steak)poco hecho (Spain)a la inglesa (Mexico)Oraciones de ejemplo
- To them, it tastes as good as medium rare steak.
- This was sent back to the kitchen as the rare steak was overcooked and the sauce was burnt.
- The spicy beef was rare and served with green mango and coriander, but lacked any real zing.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than