Traducción de recognize en español:
- 1.1 (identify)(face/voice/person)
reconocerOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (acknowledge, accept) they were forced to recognize the gravity of the situation
se vieron obligados a reconocer or a admitir la gravedad de la situaciónthe island was recognized as an independent statela isla fue reconocida como estado independienteOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (grant right to speak)
- She said she hardly recognized her place when she got back to it.
- They both were dressed like fashion models and wore so much makeup you hardly recognized them.
- At first glance one would hardly recognize the place from the pictures the world saw on television in 1989.
(American English) [formal]the chair recognizes the gentleman from …
- Throughout the world, paternity leave has been recognized as an important means of reconciling the professional and familial lives of workers.
- Excessive body fat, especially in areas such as the abdomen, is increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for killers like heart disease and diabetes.
- Networking with experts in other disciplines and collaborating with statisticians should be recognized as an important way to conduct research and disseminate findings.
concederle or darle la palabra atiene la palabra el representante de …Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the presiding officer, he recognises those members who wish to speak.
- The gentleman's time is expired. The Chair recognizes Governor Thompson.
- The chair recognized Representative Hochberg to explain the measure.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda