Traducción de recognize en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (identify) [face/voice/person] reconocer*Example sentences1.2 (acknowledge, accept) reconocer*, admitir they were forced to recognize the gravity of the situation se vieron obligados a reconocer or a admitir la gravedad de la situación the island was recognized as an independent state la isla fue reconocida como estado independiente
Example sentences1.3 (grant right to speak) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [formal], concederle or darle* la palabra a the chair recognizes the gentleman from … tiene la palabra el representante de …
- She said she hardly recognized her place when she got back to it.
- They both were dressed like fashion models and wore so much makeup you hardly recognized them.
- At first glance one would hardly recognize the place from the pictures the world saw on television in 1989.
- Throughout the world, paternity leave has been recognized as an important means of reconciling the professional and familial lives of workers.
- Excessive body fat, especially in areas such as the abdomen, is increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for killers like heart disease and diabetes.
- Networking with experts in other disciplines and collaborating with statisticians should be recognized as an important way to conduct research and disseminate findings.
- As the presiding officer, he recognises those members who wish to speak.
- The gentleman's time is expired. The Chair recognizes Governor Thompson.
- The chair recognized Representative Hochberg to explain the measure.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an