- 1.1 (identify) [face/voice/person] reconocer*Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (acknowledge, accept) reconocer*, admitir they were forced to recognize the gravity of the situation se vieron obligados a reconocer or a admitir la gravedad de la situación the island was recognized as an independent state la isla fue reconocida como estado independiente
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (grant right to speak) (AmE) [formal], concederle or darle* la palabra a the chair recognizes the gentleman from … tiene la palabra el representante de …
- She said she hardly recognized her place when she got back to it.
- They both were dressed like fashion models and wore so much makeup you hardly recognized them.
- At first glance one would hardly recognize the place from the pictures the world saw on television in 1989.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Throughout the world, paternity leave has been recognized as an important means of reconciling the professional and familial lives of workers.
- Excessive body fat, especially in areas such as the abdomen, is increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for killers like heart disease and diabetes.
- Networking with experts in other disciplines and collaborating with statisticians should be recognized as an important way to conduct research and disseminate findings.
- As the presiding officer, he recognises those members who wish to speak.
- The gentleman's time is expired. The Chair recognizes Governor Thompson.
- The chair recognized Representative Hochberg to explain the measure.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.