Traducción de recognize en español:
- 1 (identify)(face/voice/person)
reconocerOraciones de ejemplo
- She said she hardly recognized her place when she got back to it.
- They both were dressed like fashion models and wore so much makeup you hardly recognized them.
- At first glance one would hardly recognize the place from the pictures the world saw on television in 1989.
- 2 (acknowledge, accept) they were forced to recognize the gravity of the situationse vieron obligados a reconocer or a admitir la gravedad de la situaciónthe island was recognized as an independent statela isla fue reconocida como estado independienteOraciones de ejemplo
- Throughout the world, paternity leave has been recognized as an important means of reconciling the professional and familial lives of workers.
- Excessive body fat, especially in areas such as the abdomen, is increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for killers like heart disease and diabetes.
- Networking with experts in other disciplines and collaborating with statisticians should be recognized as an important way to conduct research and disseminate findings.
- 3 (grant right to speak) (US) [formal]concederle or darle la palabra athe chair recognizes the gentleman from …tiene la palabra el representante de …Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the presiding officer, he recognises those members who wish to speak.
- The gentleman's time is expired. The Chair recognizes Governor Thompson.
- The chair recognized Representative Hochberg to explain the measure.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda