Traducción de reconcile en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make friendly) [enemies/factions] reconciliar they were finally reconciled finalmente se reconciliaronto reconcile sb
withsb the tragedy helped to reconcile him with his brother la tragedia lo ayudó a reconciliarse con su hermanoExample sentences1.2 (make consistent) to reconcile sth (
- The only good thing to have come from it all was that she was now reconciled with her husband after one of the holidays.
- Re-Connect, a council-run service, assists youngsters in danger of becoming homeless as well as those in temporary accommodation hoping to be reconciled with their families.
- He said the pensioner, who suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure and arthritis, had now accepted the affair was over, had been reconciled with his wife and any future offending was unlikely.
withsth) [theories/ideals] conciliar algo ( conalgo)Example sentences1.3 (make resigned) to become reconciled
- After a trader completes a deal, the back-office staff confirm the trades by phone and also reconcile cash accounts at the end of each day.
- It is horrible practice to have the teller made responsible for reconciling the accounts, how can one check on one's own work?
- The large differences under these two items came to the fore while reconciling the accounts during the last quarter of the year 2001-02, he adds.
tosth resignarse aalgo, aceptar algo she gradually became reconciled to the idea poco a poco se fue resignando a la idea or fue aceptando la idea to reconcile oneself to -ingresignarse a+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences1.4 [accounts/figures] hacer* cuadrar or coincidir, conciliar
- Not very confident of India accepting accession, he was reconciled to a state of permanent political exile in India.
- Representatives of the licensed trade, previously regarded as the most implacable opponents of the ban, indicated that they were reconciled to its eventual implementation.
- It transcends transience and therefore reconciles us to the most fundamental condition of our existence.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...