- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable 1.1 (in numbers, size, spending) reducción (feminine) 1.2 (in prices, charges) rebaja (feminine) a reduction of 5% una rebaja or un descuento del 5%Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 [Photography/Fotografía] copia (feminine) en tamaño reducido
- A reduction in size at that time may have allowed buntings to exploit that new food resource (grass seeds).
- If there's a sustained period of reduced car crime and a reduction in claims, I think we would expect to see some sort of reduction in your car insurance, or alternatively a slow-down in the rate of increase.
- A reduction in the dividend would save the company £150 million.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] reducción (feminine)
- The Fed's five interest rate reductions this year have lowered the overnight bank lending rate to 4 percent.
- As we saw in the US earlier in the year, the immediate reaction of share prices to interest rate reductions tends to be positive.
- In any industry, oversupply leads to price reductions and pressure on profit margins.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The painting itself did not subsequently spawn any of the painted repetitions and reductions that complicate the pedigree of Delaroche's later works.
- Two of the works that they acquired were bought as reductions of the previously mentioned Napoleon at Fontainebleau and Napoleon Crossing the Alps.
- Experimentation is necessary to determine the dilution required for a particular reduction.
- Subsequent plain films and computed tomography confirmed satisfactory reduction with no acetabular fracture.
- Reduction of acute nasal fractures in the primary care setting is confined largely to the closed reduction of mild unilateral fractures.
- Seven years prior to admission, he sustained a traumatic ankle fracture that required surgical reduction.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (simplification) reducción (feminine) 2.2 (to undesirable condition) reducción (feminine) reduction to the ranks degradación (feminine) 2.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] simplificación (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In particular Zhang sees the reduction of fractions to a common denominator as hard.
- I find this reduction of the subject to a victim sad.
- Along with its adoption has come a simplification and reduction of the concept into forms that are more readily measured and calculated.
- The reduction of reasoning to mechanical calculation that they identified is no clearer than in the inhuman logic of capitalist exchange.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] reducción (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Oxidation and reduction are two processes that are quite common in chemical reactions.
- The carboxyl group can also be converted into an alcohol by reduction of the carbonyl carbon.
- For example reduction of ethanol gives the alkene ethene.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.