Traducción de relieve en español:
- 1 1.1(monotony/uniformity)allow me to relieve you of your coatthey successfully relieve tourists of their cash [humorous]permítame que me ocupe de su abrigoto relieve somebody of responsibility for somethingdespluman a los turistas [humorous]if you could relieve me of some of the workloadeximir a alguien de la responsabilidad de algoto relieve somebody of his/her duties/commandsi pudieras ayudarme con parte del trabajosi pudieras hacerte cargo de parte del trabajorelevar a alguien de su cargo/del mandoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (dispel worry of)
- A teaspoon of oil added to a hot bath will also help to relieve muscular aches and pains.
- For years he had been taking them once a week, as a way of unwinding and relieving the aches and pains from the hard manual labor required by his landscaping business.
- Taken jointly, they prevent the progression of the disease, reduce inflammation, and relieve mild to severe pain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Shabby suburban streets are suddenly relieved by an almost strident red building, crisply detailed and well tended.
- Lack of open space to relieve hard-packed pavement and gap-toothed Main Streets drained by malls and sprawl sap the life from downtown.
- Placed in a wilderness of dark mountains, the scene is relieved by a flood of glaring light that holds the figures in a tableau of awful impact.
- She was relieved when he finally stopped the bike in front of Casey's.
- They walked deeper and deeper into the cemetery and finally, Al stopped and she was relieved.
- He was relieved when she finally broke the silence between them.
- 2(town/fortress)Oraciones de ejemplo
- His last hope of shoring up his flagging position was to relieve Richard's great fortress of Château-Gaillard, the key to Normandy, which Philip was besieging.
- The Red Army and navy attempted to relieve the city with a huge amphibious assault, the Kerch-Feodosiya operation, on 25 December.
- 3(guard/sentry)Oraciones de ejemplo
- You're not relieved from duty until someone comes.
- Every so often a trooper would don armour and cloak to go and relieve a guard on duty outside.
- Litus had waited for a long time, waiting for one of the two to return, to relieve him from his watchful duties.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.