Traducción de resist en español:
- 1 (fight against)(attack/enemy)
resistir(change/plan)the window resisted all attempts to open it
oponer resistencia ala ventana resistió todos los intentos de abrirlaOraciones de ejemplo
- In fact, if that's the motive of the government, them I think we've just identified the best argument for resisting the abolition of jury trials for fraud.
- Posters carrying the message ‘Prevent torture, resist torture and help victims of torture’ will be circulated.
- Such an argument resists many of the typical counter-arguments directed at potentiality as an ethical consideration in the abortion debate.
- 2 (not give way to)(temptation)I had to buy it, I couldn't resist it
resistirtuve que comprarlo, no me pude resistirshe found him hard to resistle costaba resistirse a sus encantosI can't resist chocolateel chocolate me vuelve locoto resist
-ingresistirseI couldn't resist telling her a+ infinitiveno pude resistirme a decírselo
no pude aguantar las ganas de decírseloOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gyroscopes create their own force through spinning, thereby resisting the effects of gravity.
- It strengthens the lungs to resist the effects of sudden changes in the air, and it healthfully braces and invigorates the chest.
- Some have acquired an armoury of genes which help them attach to cells, invade and damage tissue, colonise hosts, evade the immune system, and resist the effects of antibiotics.
- There aren't many who could resist the tempting creations and I thought it was only correct to sample the goodies.
- Those who are growing old may be unwise to try to resist these pressures.
- The girl gritted her teeth distastefully and resisted the tempting urge to spit at the man.
- 3 (withstand, endure)(heat/cold/corrosion)
- 1 (fight, oppose)(troops)she wanted to make changes, but the board resisted
oponer resistenciaquería introducir cambios pero la junta se resistía or se oponíaOraciones de ejemplo
- Incredibly, the woman resisted and there was struggle between the two before the robber kneed the victim hard in the stomach and ripped the bag from her grasp.
- She didn't resist, but a fight ensued as other spectators intervened.
- Living together creates the illusion of having found adequate shelter and a feigned ability to resist in case of attack.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda