Traducción de resist en español:
- 1.1 (fight against)(attack/enemy)(change/plan)the window resisted all attempts to open itoponer resistencia ala ventana resistió todos los intentos de abrirlaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (not give way to)
(temptation)I had to buy it, I couldn't resist itshe found him hard to resisttuve que comprarlo, no me pude resistirI can't resist chocolatele costaba resistirse a sus encantosto resistel chocolate me vuelve loco
- In fact, if that's the motive of the government, them I think we've just identified the best argument for resisting the abolition of jury trials for fraud.
- Posters carrying the message ‘Prevent torture, resist torture and help victims of torture’ will be circulated.
- Such an argument resists many of the typical counter-arguments directed at potentiality as an ethical consideration in the abortion debate.
-ingI couldn't resist telling herresistirse a+ infinitiveno pude aguantar las ganas de decírseloOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (withstand, endure)
- There aren't many who could resist the tempting creations and I thought it was only correct to sample the goodies.
- Those who are growing old may be unwise to try to resist these pressures.
- The girl gritted her teeth distastefully and resisted the tempting urge to spit at the man.
- 1.1 (fight, oppose)(troops)she wanted to make changes, but the board resistedoponer resistencia1.2 (not give way)quería introducir cambios pero la junta se resistía or se oponíaresistirsecontenerseOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gyroscopes create their own force through spinning, thereby resisting the effects of gravity.
- It strengthens the lungs to resist the effects of sudden changes in the air, and it healthfully braces and invigorates the chest.
- Some have acquired an armoury of genes which help them attach to cells, invade and damage tissue, colonise hosts, evade the immune system, and resist the effects of antibiotics.
- Incredibly, the woman resisted and there was struggle between the two before the robber kneed the victim hard in the stomach and ripped the bag from her grasp.
- She didn't resist, but a fight ensued as other spectators intervened.
- Living together creates the illusion of having found adequate shelter and a feigned ability to resist in case of attack.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.