n (pl -ties)
- 1.1 c (task, duty) responsabilidad (f) that's her responsibility eso es responsabilidad suya the child is my responsibility el niño está bajo mi responsabilidad it's his responsibility to order the stationery él es el encargado de hacer los pedidos de papelería we have a responsibility toward our readers to … tenemos la responsabilidad or somos responsables ante nuestros lectores de … they're taking on a great responsibility están asumiendo una gran responsabilidad you have to face up to your responsibilities tienes que afrontar tus responsabilidadesMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 u (authority, accountability) responsabilidad (f) the responsibility attached to the post la responsabilidad que conlleva el puesto I'm willing to take on more responsibility estoy dispuesto a asumir más responsabilidades to take responsibility for sth responsabilizarse* or encargarse* or hacerse* cargo de algo
- They have the responsibility to behave reasonably in the face of possible threats.
- Individuals had a moral responsibility to secure just rights for themselves and others.
- I think they have a moral responsibility to people.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Actors need to adopt a wider set of roles and responsibilities, underpinned by regulation.
- Further official roles and responsibilities are being drawn up by the board.
- The table gives the main roles and responsibilities for research governance.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 u (liability, blame) responsabilidad (f) he denied all responsibility in the matter negó toda responsabilidad en el asunto the responsibility was laid at his door lo hicieron responsable, lo culparon a él they took full responsibility for the disaster aceptaron ser responsables del desastre no terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the killings los asesinatos no han sido reivindicados por ningún grupo terrorista
- The President is constitutionally unable to accept blame or responsibility for anything which happens under his watch.
- But a minister should also be prepared to accept blame and responsibility for the mistakes and bungles made.
- And by setting up a demand that is impossible to fulfil, it replaces responsibility and accountability with blame.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 u (trustworthiness) responsabilidad (f), formalidad (f) she has a sense of responsibility tiene sentido de la responsabilidad, es formal
- Install a corporate ethics officer with real authority and independent reporting responsibility to the board.
- They were given both decision making power and responsibility.
- Such mutual independence supported by collective responsibility through state institutions seems like a good thing to me.
- So therefore, we have to take responsibility for controlling those powers we develop.
- The entire community has to take responsibility for preventing and dealing with victimization.
- The NEP is designed to encourage local communities to take responsibility for managing their own estuaries.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.